Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple Strategies Submitting Orders at the Same Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Strategies Submitting Orders at the Same Time

I have one strategy running on different instruments at the same time (multiple instances of the same strategy). It is possible that they could submit orders at the exact same time. I check my account balance before submitting every order, however, there is a scenario where each strategy would check my account balance for sufficient funds, submit orders at the same time after verifying funds, and ultimately not have enough funds to cover one or more of the orders since they all checked the account balance and submitted orders at the exact same time. Is there a way to check if other strategies have an order working or another way to ensure I'm not submitting orders with insufficient funds?

Hello Mizzouman1,

Yes thats possible they could both submit orders at the same time, those are separate instances so they work completely independently.

Strategies are intended to be isolated and not know what other strategies are doing. For what you described that would be best created as a Single strategy that trades more than one instrument rather than using more than 1 instance of the same strategy.

You can see the SampleMultiInstrument strategy that comes with the platform for an example of that concept. You can also see the following link for details on using multiple series https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lightsub=multi
    I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ender_wiggum  
    Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes