Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Skip Part of Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip Part of Code

Hi, is there a way to use certain characters in coding so we can skip part of code? For instance I know using "//" any code after that in that line won't be executed but I am more interested in skipping on part of the line; for example, in code below what if I wanted program to skip part of the line between quotation markers and execute excluding that part:

if ("ToTime(Time[0]) > DailyTradingFinishTime &&" QuantityBeforeExecution != OrderCountLong && Position.Quantity == 0)

Hello shahabjet1,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify, are you wanting to comment out a certain section of code from your condition?

Please note that in the support department at NinjaTrader we do not provide C# programming education services. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

That said, to comment out a section of your condition you could use a Multiple Line Comment ( /*Text here*/ ). See the publicly available link for more information - https://www.w3schools.com/cs/cs_comments.asp

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by shahabjet1 View Post
      Hi, is there a way to use certain characters in coding so we can skip part of code? For instance I know using "//" any code after that in that line won't be executed but I am more interested in skipping on part of the line; for example, in code below what if I wanted program to skip part of the line between quotation markers and execute excluding that part:

if ("ToTime(Time[0]) > DailyTradingFinishTime &&" QuantityBeforeExecution != OrderCountLong && Position.Quantity == 0)
      Yes.

Use the delete key on your keyboard to delete the characters between the quotes.

Comment

shahabjet1 , this is what you looking for.

Use goto code.
        You can refer the link below to know how to used it :
        C# jump statements (break, continue, return, and goto) unconditionally transfer control from the current location to a different statement.

Example :
        Code:
        goto exampleNAME;

This is where the part you want to skip

exampleNAME :  do anything here

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes