Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AI Generate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI Generate

I've been running scenarios on AI Generate with RSI only and also MA's only but I have these questions.
    1. The results always have the top probabilities which usually only have 1 to 4 trades (NQ and ES for instance). How do I run this to select all results with PF above X, win rate above Y and the most profitable? Or do I just have to have it save 100% of the results? If I have 50 generations and 100 Generation Size then do I need to make the Saved Results to 5,000 ?
    2. If you're select multiple indicators (RSI, MFI, MA, EMA, etc...) will it require all strategies to use all of them or will it use them independently as well as combined to find the best results?

Thanks

Hello NTPlayer,

Thank you for your reply.

We have a current feature request for not prioritizing instances with fewer trades, so I've added a vote to you for this request. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4152.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

You can't select a desired optimization fitness metric with AI generate, so you would not be able to combine metrics in a useful way there. If you saved all of the results you may be able to get around that, but that setting can be bad for your memory utilization.

For your second question, it will combine them randomly, it will not require generated strategies to use them all.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

SFT-4152
      How is the progress of this request going?

I too am experimenting with the function of NT8 and finding the same issue.

The AI Generator and general Optimisation and backtesting requires some kind of filter to remove those random single trades.

Comment

Hello gaz0001,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no current update on the status of SFT-4152 other than we are still accepting votes for user interest. I have added a vote on your behalf.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi.
          Please add my vote +++1 too.
          Any Update on that?
          Regards.
          Isaac.

Comment

Hello Isaac,

SFT-4152 has not been implemented and has not been listed in the release notes.
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

I will add your vote to this request. We appreciate your feedback.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did a round of it with 3 indicators to see if there would be a difference. There was not. Optimizing for precisely one trade is not helpful.

Allowing users to set their ideal profit/loss ratios, the minimal acceptable win rate, and the minimum number of trades would be a better approach and fairly straightforward for the user. The "AI" can use these as parameters for the generation of its children and acceptance criteria. Some of this has to already be present considering it optimizes for purely the win rate.

Also, the usage of CPU cores should leave at least one thread available for the user to do other things on their PC, and a second thread should be left available for the other components of NinjaTrader so that it does not freeze, partially crash, and lag.

As others have stated here and in other places, a roadmap of the company's targeted features for future releases would be beneficial. There are plenty of examples of companies who have not done so to the detriment of their customer base across many industries. I would argue the correction and release of this experimental feature has considerable interest. Of those interested, I am sure there are many who would opt in to a closed beta test. Individuals can even sign an NDA.

Comment

Hello Froggy,

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

What is the update on this request?

SFT-4152

Comment

Hello gaz0001,

SFT-4152 has not been implemented at this time.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                    12 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                    Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes