Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget()?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget()?

Please help. I don't quite understand this method.

Can we set both stop loss and profit target with this method. Do we call it multiple times to set stop loss and target prices?

Also what is "orderName" in that method. For example, if set to "Target2", does that mean we are changing the 2nd target in the ATM (if a 2nd target exists).

Thanks!
    Last edited by stevenev1; 04-30-2021, 08:06 PM.

Yes you set both the PT and SL with this method.
    orderName is either "STOP1" or "TARGET1" which correlates with a single SL/PT atm strategy

There is a SampleAtmStrategy that comes with the software that is very helpful. I use a lot of the sample as a nice backbone for some of my strategies, just have to change the atm strategy name after you've created it in the chart trader area on a chart

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterGee View Post
      Yes you set both the PT and SL with this method.
      orderName is either "STOP1" or "TARGET1" which correlates with a single SL/PT atm strategy

There is a SampleAtmStrategy that comes with the software that is very helpful. I use a lot of the sample as a nice backbone for some of my strategies, just have to change the atm strategy name after you've created it in the chart trader area on a chart

Hope this helps!
      Thanks, MisterGee,
      Yes, I saw the sample ATM strategy which is very comprehensive and nicely done. I am still a bit confused. If we have a two step target, do we set "Target1" and "Target2"?

Comment

I cannot give you a confident answer on that one! Sorry! Hopefully a NT support staff can weigh in soon.

Comment

Hello stevenev1,

Yes, AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget() would be called multiple times for each stop or target you would like to modify the price of.

Changing the price of a stop or target would not stop the Atm template from performing its steps with Breakeven or Auto trail. If you move the stop, and then the next step of a trail triggers, it will move the stop to the price originally calculated by the Atm template, undoing your changes.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post gentlebenthebear  
          Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes