Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to create an array of class objects - not synced to bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to create an array of class objects - not synced to bars

I am trying to set up a a short array of a few elements to hold objects that document events that I define and check for as they occur. I have tried a number of things but having no luck. I am new to C# and this platform.

Is what I am trying to do possible in a Strategy? They don't seem to like my adding classes. Maybe they need to be "partial." I can get them to compile but then I have run time errors such as 'Can't put + sign in a name.' There is no plus signs anywhere.

Any suggestions? Any sample code for doing this?

Thank you.

IncidentID = IncidentArray[x].IncdID This to be accessible in places the body such as OnBarUpdate where I can use logic as part of trade decision.

Where IncdID would be a property in the Class Incidents.

public class Incidents
    {
    public int IncdID //these should be read only once populted in the class. Don't know if the {get; set;} is the approach to use.
    {get; set;}

public string IncdKind
    {get; set;}

// as many and needed

public Incidents()
    {
    IncdID = 12;
    IncdKind = Std.dev(something) > Threshold;
    }

I have not found a construction to seems to work in a Strategy that I could put into an array. I have looked at Struct for the object and Stack or List instead of Array. Not sure what kind of constructor to use for the Class.

I discovered that when adding a class to a Strategy, additional instances of the Strategy show up in the chart's Strategy chooser. This does not appear to be something that users are expected to be doing.

Hello JGRtrader,

Thank you for the post.

This question is more of a general C# question so you will find more help by searching online with google etc, for example "C# list of class". Here is one public tutorial: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Upload...ts-in-C-Sharp/

There is a sample you can refer to as well, the sample level 2 order book which uses a class and list: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...vel_ii_dat.htm

You dont need to use a constructor at all if your use case does not require it.

I discovered that when adding a class to a Strategy, additional instances of the Strategy show up in the chart's Strategy chooser. This does not appear to be something that users are expected to be doing.
    If you are appending : Strategy to your class it would show up in the UI, I would suggest to take a look at how the class is defined in the sample level 2 linked above and how it is private and also how it does not inherit from any other class.

You can also use other types like an Array, here is a public sample of creating an array "c# array of class objects": http://www.functionx.com/csharp40/arrays/Lesson03.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, this helped me a lot. In particular the NT indicator script "SampleLevel2Book" which uses on internal class and list. Right away, by seeing how that was done, I could see what some of my problem were. The other two sources were great too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby