Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add a second chart with a different time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add a second chart with a different time frame

Hello,

I am working on a strategy that uses a higher time frame to detect trends, and I am wondering if it is possible to add a second chart with a different time frame in strategy builder. This way, I can go to the chart to confirm I implemented the strategy correctly when I go to Chart to examine the trades.

Hello op1031,

Thanks for your post.

You can add additional data series in the strategy builder and use that data series in other indicators in your conditions.

Here is a short video example: https://paul-ninjatrader.tinytake.co...MF8xMTY0NTQyMw

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul,

I know how to add additional data series to the strategy builder, but when I want to see the data series on the chart. For example, after I run the strategy in Strategy Analyzer, I select "Chart" from the Display dropdown menu. A chart of the trades show up, but I don't see the candlestick for the data series I added. I only see the candlestick for the primary data series. Is there a way I can add the data series to the chart?

Comment

Hello op1031,

Thanks for your reply.

No, in the strategy analyzer you cannot change the data series of the chart window.

I would suggest creating a new chart (outside of the strategy analyzer) and adding your data series there.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the answer. Is including a secondary data series on the chart in the strategy analyzer something NinjaTrader will offer in the future? It will be a very useful feature to have when trying to verify the trades.

Comment

Hello op1031,

Thanks for your reply.

I could not advise if that will ever be offered, or not. We do have an existing feature request identified as SFT-5033, "Multiple charts within the Strategy Analyzer" I will add your vote and this thread as a reference to it.

Feature Request Disclaimer
            We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
            When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
            Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

"Multiple charts within the Strategy Analyzer" I will add your vote and this thread as a reference to it.
              Thank you for the info.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses