Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom strategy adding a secondary Market Data source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUST A FOLLOW-UP. Things are working great; although had to spend some time on my Order Status Callback handling,
    and also "hand-shakes" between Order Submission and callback OrderStates to clean everything up.

I did have an issue before I realized that the OnOrderUpdate appears to execute on the "Dispatch" or "GUI" thread,
    so I was getting some queueing deadlocks; once I realized that, now the multi-threading works great !!

I handle dozens to hundreds of "positions" each of which represent an Entry and a matching Exit volume; which I can then use to
    do a LIFO accounting; keeping track of every position's Entry and Exit pricing (like MetaTrader Forex does with "deals")
    so that I can know how much Partial Profit I've taken during a wider "trading frame"; where my open Losses are countered
    by my closed Profits during the entire process.

I call this "micro incremental scalping" and I need this synthetic LIFO accounting in the Order Manager to keep track of
    progress. So it's really the concept of a "Meta Trade" which consists of many individual brokerage trade positions; which
    eventually becomes "flat", and that process could take half an hour; but is usually much shorter than that.

AGAIN, NinjaTrader 8 is just Great Engineering; and I've been on a learning curve for just coming up to 1 year now...

hyperscalper

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post mattbsea  
    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes