Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reacting on ATM strategy entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reacting on ATM strategy entries

Hello,
    I am having some trouble getting notifications about order changes in my strategy.

I have the following setup:
    Automated strategy that under certain conditions creates ATM strategies and enters the market.
    I keep track of the entries in a List.

What I wish to achieve:
    When target/stop gets filled I would like to be notified and mark the entry in my list as filled.

What I've tried so far:
    Overriding OnExecutionUpdate, OnPositionUpdate don't get hit when such events happen.
    The closest I got, but sadly with no real value, was overriding OnAccountItemUpdate. There was little to no useful information about my desired outcome.

I would be really thankful for any information that could lead me to the desired outcome

Hello AsterixBT,

From the help guide:
    "Executions from ATM Strategies will not have an impact on the hosting NinjaScript strategy position and PnL - the NinjaScript strategy hands off the execution aspects to the ATM, thus no monitoring via the regular NinjaScript strategy methods will take place (also applies to strategy performance tracking)"

You will need to use GetAtmStrategyEntryOrderStatus(), GetAtmStrategyStopTargetOrderStatus(), GetAtmStrategyMarketPosition().

See the SampleAtmStrategy included with NinjaTrader for an example.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there I created an atm strategy as attached. when i go Long it works fine i.e. 1 tick profit, 4 tick stop loss, but when i sell/short it doesnt end in 1 tick profit at all , it closes the position in entry tick. Please could you help?

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

Set the mode to Ticks when using instruments that do not have fractional notation.

The ES future does not use fractional notation and should use a number of Ticks as the mode. The ZB future does use fractional notation, and should use pips as the mode.

Comment

I think it is because of MIT ticked? tried with clearing the checkbox...let me change to ticks

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

Is the issue with the fill price of the stop loss or the profit target? The profit target is MIT, but the stop will not be.

When the entry is filled, what is the fill price, and what is the stop price of the stop loss order?

Comment

hi

it works fine now as expected, please send a link to video/guide for atm and various possibilities. thanks

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

Below are links to the training videos for Atm Strategies.
                Gain the ability to understand and use the power of managing positions with NinjaTrader's Semi-Automated ATM Strategies.Attend a live event: http://ninjatrad...

For the most up-to-date ATM training resources, check out our Advanced Trade Management playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3-s3qsUnfLR-WCxS_rk...

Get started with NinjaTrader software & Stop Strategies for FREE: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStartedNinjaTrader's Advanced Trade Management includes the abili...

Get started with NinjaTrader software & Advanced Trade Management for FREE: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStartedIn this video, learn additional options and stra...

Comment

Thanks, is there a possibility to quicken the filling of take profit/stop loss using atm?

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

Orders fill based on market dynamics.

Are you asking if you can modify the price of an order so that it is closer to the market price?
                    And if so, manually or through code?

Comment

No for example
                      ES F - 4109.50 - Entry Long

Take Profit is 4110

I see a lag even if the ticker is 4110 - has changed i dont see the order being filled immediately in LIVE account

is there a way to improve this?

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

For the Sim101 account you can enable Enforce immediate fills for real-time orders.

For a live brokerage account, no you cannot change how the brokerage and exchange fill orders.

Comment

Hi Chelsea
                          I have noticed on many trades there is a lag to fill orders on LIVE account.

Comment

Would partial fills help to get better fills? But if my order is only 1` contract then no point..

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

A live real-time order is filled when you get someone to trade with. This means you make it through the line of other orders.

Partial fills will happen automatically if the only other order for you to trade with is not the full quantity of your order.

You cannot control if orders with quantities of more than 1 are part filled. That just happens when the volume is low.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes