Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automating the selection of the Time Frame and Run within the Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automating the selection of the Time Frame and Run within the Strategy Analyzer

Hi,
    Is there a way to automate the selection of the Time Frame's start and end date and automate Run? Basically, I want to run an optimizations for every day from now to as far back as I can for an instrument in order to capture optimized parameters for a given strategy on a per day basis. I'd like to automate the range and the Run button so I don't have to manually click the new date range and hit Run every time the optimization is complete.

Thanks in advance!

Frank

Hello 13Favre33,

Thank you for your post.

At the current time it would not be possible to automate the time frame selection and run a backtest from NinjaScript. However, I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request for this functionality. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4391.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've seen similar requests and was wondering what is the likelihood of this feature being added? A tool that adds value to the existing optimization feature of NT would be extremely worthwhile especially considering more and more traders use quantitative analysis. I worthwhile USP if you're looking to grow your market share. Is there a way for me to reach out to your lead programmer and interface with him/her directly?

Thanks in advance!

Frank

Comment

Hello 13Favre33,

Thank you for your reply.

There is more than user interest that goes into deciding what features eventually make their way into the platform - our developers also look at feasibility, how many other features may be impacted, cost to implement, and many other factors. Some requests may be earmarked for major version changes and may take a lengthy amount of time to be implemented if they are at all. Our development team does review every feature request. Keep in mind we generally get about 5 to 10 requests for different features every day. The development team generally would not respond to direct contact with anything more than I am able to say here. We cannot give an ETA or promise that any particular request will be fulfilled.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes