Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cumulative Delta Value Plot Problem in Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello johnMoss,

Thank you for the post.

If you are working with custom indicators I wouldn't really be able to say why you may be getting an error without knowing specifically what part is going wrong with the mentioned indicators. It could be that the indicators require specific syntax similar to the built in order flow tools. The existing orderflow tools cannot be used in the builder do to their complexity. For any third party item you may need to reach out to the developer of that item to confirm it was made to be used as a signal and in the way which you are trying to use it.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Cumulative Delta Value Plot Problem in Strategy Builder

I spent the day today trying to incorporate a cumulative delta session value plot into a strategy using the Strategy Builder [SB]. Value plots work just fine for darn near anything indicator-wise you want to plug in that the SB allows access to; with the exception of this (!).
    Question is where am I going wrong?
    1) Out of five indicator constructs I have tried, 3 were dead accurate to the non-incorporable NinjaTrader lifetime license Order Flow Cumulative Delta [CD] indicator.
    2) Of the three, only two are usable, i.e. don't 'Crash' the strategy when enabled.
    3) These two each have identical "value plot" choices of open, high, low, or open.
    4) I've tried different value plots on these 2 and the system simply fails to capture and use the plot as requested in a command line in the SB.
    5) Specifically, and simplified here, my intent is in utilizing the 'value plot' close of the most recent closed indicator bar which establishes the current state of session imbalance, as example its 1057 AM CST and the session total = +5674... The arbitrary number chosen here is a trigger point.
    6) So....: The strategy is not seeing whatever value plot is used; or perhaps has reconstituted to some new hidden value incongruent to expected scale.

Any one a fix to this??

Thanx JT...

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post algospoke  
Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
0 responses
0 likes