Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trading hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading hour

Hi
    im back testing my strategy. Im using timeframe under tolls>trafing hour. I pick 9:30am to 3:30pm. But when I check the chart on strategies analyzer, it start trading and indicator start around 9:50am. Yes it should have bought some at open, don't know why it doesn't place any order. Here I attached picture. It should have 2 order before the first one you see. I also pick Eastern time us & Canada utc 5:00

Hello SuperDude123,

Thanks for your post.

Are you wanting to change the time zone of the exchange? Or, are you wanting to change the time zone of your pc?

The trading hours template (Tools > Trading Hours) should always be set to the time zone of the exchange. For example, the CME US Index Futures RTH trading hours template should use the Central Time Zone since that is the time zone of the exchange.

Did you reload all historical data after changing the Trading Hours Template time zone? (Open a New > Chart, right-click on the chart, select 'Reload all historical data')

When testing a simple strategy in the Strategy Analyzer, I am seeing trades placed at the correct times. For example, when running a backtest on the ES 09-21 instrument using the CME US Index Futures RTH trading hours template (8:30am - 4:00pm), I see trades being placed from 7:30am - 3:00pm since I am in the Mountain time zone which is 1 hour behind the Central time zone being used for the trading hours template.

Are the first orders you mention not placed because the BarsRequiredToTrade property has not been met? If the BarsRequiredToTrade property is set to say 20, the strategy will wait until 20 bars have processed on the chart before placing trades.

If you modify your strategy so that the BarsRequiredToTrade property is set to 0, do you see trades placed at the beginning of the session?

I look forward to assisting further.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm in New York. I created my own trading hour. 9:30am to 3:30pm. Using us and Canada Eastern time zone. My trade does end at 3:30 but it always start at 9:50. So maybe you are right about start 20 bar after my starting time. I ll check it out. Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
      24 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post spwizard  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238