Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stop not activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop not activated

Hi,
    I have a short only strategy programmed with strategy builder, that places an Exitshortstopmarket order at a price slightly above the average position price. I have the problem, that this stop is only working with the next bar after entry. When the price blasts past the stop price already on the entry bar, the stop is not activated. How can I fix this, so that the stop is active immediately after entry, not only with the next bar? The pic shows the where the stop should have been. Thanks!
    Best
    Phil

Hello Phil,

Thanks for your post.

To get a stop in place as soon as you place your order, please use the Strategy Builder Stop and Profits window.

Use the SetStopLoss method set to CalculationMode.Ticks and specify the ticks. This would be the number of ticks from the actual entry. It is automatically set for the direction of the entry, so in the case of short, the stop is placed immediately at the ticks you specify above the entry price.

I recommend using the profit target as well, they will be automatically OCO tied.

The stop/target will be employed immediately on every entry.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem with this seems to be, that as soon as I use Stops and Targets in the "Stop and Profits" window, then my other exits stop working. For example I have a breakeven stop set in use and this does not work anymore then. Am I doing anything wrong?

Comment

Hi philmg, thanks for writing in.

The exits are being ignored due to the order handling rules for the managed approach listed here:

While using the strategy builder, you must pick between the two. Either use ExitShort to implement the breakeven or use a SetStopLoss style stop to immediately submit the protective order when the entry is made. Note you can also use a trailing stop in the stops and target section.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM