Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot Input Optimization Parameters Min, Max, Increment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Input Optimization Parameters Min, Max, Increment

Hello, I added an input variable and it shows up in the optimization parameters but it won't accept min, max, and increment inputs. There is no drop down and it only accepts a single number without semicolons. The input lines for the variable in properties look exactly like those for another variable that does accept min, max and increment values in optimization. I can run optimization but only with a single value for this variable. It is the same whether I set it as an integer or double. I set the range from -100 to max value.

Hello ronaldgreene828,

Thanks for your post.

Please show the code for the input property.

If you are using the strategy builder, then just show the screenshots of the input & variables screen.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I found the problem. After adding an input variable, the default settings I had were preventing the new variable from displaying the parameters. I saved settings as default and then closed the analyzer and opened it again. Now the variable is showing the drop down for min, max and increment.

Comment

Which setting!!! : - )

Comment

Originally posted by kroeran View Post
          Which setting!!! : - )
          . . Settings in the analyzer for any new inputs that you have later created. Look in the bottom right hand corner of the analyzer window and click on "template". This is where you can save any input parameters for optimization or if you change them from the default values for inputs you created in the strategy. If you modify your strategy and add more inputs, they won't function in the analyzer until you close and reopen the analyzer again. This was my experience if I had the analyzer open while making changes to my strategy. If the new inputs still won't function in the analyzer, try closing and restarting Ninjatrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post kujista
          by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
          1 response