Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy analyzer results discrepancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyzer results discrepancy

I frequently experience an issue in Strategy Analyzer in which the results displayed in the summary don't match the results in the main results window (see attachment). Is there an explanation for this, and some way to fix this discrepancy?

I've tried closing and restarting my NT platform, however this doesn't resolve the issue.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 2inthebush; 09-24-2021, 01:05 PM.

Hello 2inthebush,

Thanks for your reply.

This can be caused by a few things.

Does your code use static variables?

Do you have IsInstantiatedOnEachOptimizationIteration set to false? Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...niteration.htm

Does you code reset variables in State.dataLoaded?

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Paul. I'll need to look into those. I've built all of my strategies with the NT Builder, so I haven't included any coding beyond what's available in Builder.

Comment

Hello 2inthebush,

Thanks for your reply.

Please check the "Log" tab of the Ninjatrader8 control center for any errors related to running your strategy in the analyzer.

The only parameter then you can check would be IsInstantiatedOnEachOptimizationIteration.

Are you using any 3rd party indicators in the Strategy Builder strategy?

Please test the Sample MA Crossover and advise if you see the same/similar distorted results.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using?
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul,

I wanted to follow up on this thread, as I've realized that the data mismatch I've described above is caused by another issue that I've been working on in another support post, regarding inconsistent test behavior in applying "exit at session close". So I'll tackle resolving the "exit at session close" issue in the other thread first. Thanks for your help so far.

I've been experiencing an ongoing issue with my strategies exiting positions on session close inconsistently in NT8 backtests. For example, in Analyzer settings I have set "exit at session close" to false. I have also checked that in Tools>Options>Trading settings that "auto close positions" is

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post selu72