Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unlock limited CPU usage on NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello RaddiFX,

At this time there is not a way to change how the platform requests or processes data. You can use the AddDataSeries overload with a specific number of BarsToLoad if that suits your use, the only other alternative to control how much data is loaded would be to use a BarsRequest.

I wouldn't be able to provide any context on the reflection code you provided, unfortunately we are not able to look into the source code of the platform to provide that level of detail.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How about this idea then. is there a way for me to add a dataseries to the strategy without requesting new data for each dataseries? The slowness could very well be caused by the fact that I have 4 tick based dataseries that are each requesting data twice. it's flooding the connection and pulling data for the same series multiple times. That's what I'm going to be spending the next few days figuring out, but it'd be great if it would only request new data if another series in the strategy isn't using the same type.

Comment

Hello RaddiFX,

Not if the series is needed to be used in Series<double> form. You can do a bars request to request a specific amount of data or subscribe to live data, the other methods like AddDataSeries would use the standard loading. AddDataSeries can be used with a set number of bars to load

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, how about this then; Is there a way to develop a new bar series that could have multiple bar type as its output? basically, a tick bar that has singular values that update similar to how other bar types would.

Combine a second, volume, range, and tick bar all into one. they all tick based, so I'd just need to output their values. Would there be a way to draw them with different opacities on the chart and just overlay them on top of eachother?

Comment

I figured out how to make them and was successful with a tick->second creation. However I'd also need to be able to pass Volume but I can't see a way to change the input series to the entire bars series. How can I change the input to be the O,H,L,C,V series'?

Nevermind, I just found out that it passes the entire series and you can call them just like in a strategy.

Also, something like this already exists but I'm using custom bar types so I'm going to need to program it myself anyway.
            Last edited by RaddiFX; 11-06-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I'm just going to continue down this path I was able to implement the Volume and Second candles over the weekend and it's increased performance by 4x..

For anyone finding this thread in the future, here is what was causing my problems:​​​​​​​
              Multiple added dataseries each needs to load its own data individually(even though they're all tick based). This caused a delay of ~.7(4 loads)-1.6(12 loads) sec per symbol I was adding sometimes with 4 loads(makes sense), up to 12(idk why). This created an issue with loading times on strategy initialization when I would add up to 60 at a time. I resolved this by creating an indicator that would be able to project the second and volume candles on top of the tick chart similar to the link above.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post traderqz  
              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH