Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error Message - Strategy Import Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message - Strategy Import Failed

Hello NT Team,

As u can see I exported my strategy using SecureTeam, but I noticed that few indicators were not automatically exported with the strategy, then when I tried to import the strategy on another server, I installed all required indicators that are used by the strategy, but look what it shows me.

how can I solve this plz ?

Thnx

Hello MohammedAmine,

Thank you for your post.

This sounds like potentially an issue with having common dependent scripts that are being referenced in different assemblies.

I would take a look at this video that my colleague Chelsea created to see if this approach resolves the issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D9q...ew?usp=sharing

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate, Thnx for your reply, but I'm still not able to successfully export and import my strategy

in the provided example, you don't have any declarations of the indicators within the strategy code, but then how it calls them ?

because for me I use something like :

Code:
      private IndicatorName IndInstance1;
      OR

Code:
      private NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.IndicatorName IndInstance1;
      I use many indicators in my strategy, some of them are core NT indicators, and 2 of them are 3rd party, from the 3rd party indicators, once is getting exported automatically with the strategy, and one NO.

Comment

Hello MohammedAmine,

Thank you for your reply.

Our guess is either you have not excluded the originals as shown in the video, or you still have the called indicator classes in the assembly and didn't separate them. To test, list every non-system indicator called by the strategy, and ensure each one has been exported as a separate assembly.

Then ensure the original open source indicators and the strategy are both excluded as in the video. After that, ensure the separate assembly is imported successfully.

Then include the strategy one more and make sure it can call the assembly. Then move on to the next one and repeat the above steps. After all non-system open source indicators are assemblies and imported, export the strategy, then exclude the original source code for the strategy. Finally, try to import the strategy on the original PC to test.

If it's a third party assembly that's being referenced but not automatically added, have you tried manually adding a reference to the 3rd party assembly from the References section of the Export window?

Lastly, in the video they're simply calling the indicator instead of assigning it to a variable and referencing it that way. That's completely acceptable to do.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes