Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Analyzer giving no results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analyzer giving no results

Click image for larger version

Name:	anal.png
Views:	258
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1177627

Lately my Analyzer has been giving me 0 results and very unrealistic low results even after running for hours.
    I trust forward testing it a lot more.
    I would think just off the built in Stop and Profit Target alone it WOULD have something to analyze and report!!!

What am I doing wrong?
    Also what would a futures like this be set to? Should it be CME US Index Futures RTH or ETH? Thanks!

Hello ezrollin,

Start a simple single backtest.

If the strategy is in the Strategy Analyzer, is there data appearing on the Chart Display of the Strategy Analyzer?

Importantly, are there errors appearing on the Log tab of the Control Center?

Try testing the Sample MA Crossover strategy included with NinjaTrader on the same chart or Strategy Analyzer using the same instrument, bar type, interval, and date range.

Do you see results with this strategy? (This would confirm for us data is available and the issue is with the logic in the custom script)

If the strategy is getting data and the strategy is enabled or a backtest is run with no errors in the Log tab of the Control Center, then would likely indicate the logic conditions did not evaluate as true or orders are being ignored or cancelled.

In order to better understand how the code is working, it will be necessary to use Print to see how the conditions are evaluating and enable TraceOrders to see if orders are being submitted, ignored, rejected, or cancelled.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates using prints to understand behavior and includes a link to a video recorded using the Strategy Builder to add prints.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

Enable TraceOrders, print the time of the bar and all values used in the conditions that submit entry orders.

Let me know if you need any assistance creating a print or enabling TraceOrders.

Save the output from the output window to a text file and provide this with your reply.

I'll be happy to assist with analyzing the output.

If you want the hours for the instrument specified by the exchange, use <use instrument settings> as the Trading hours.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes