Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to change instrument value for more than 1 strategy on 1 time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change instrument value for more than 1 strategy on 1 time

Hello,

I am new to the tool and so I created several strategies with the same "instrument" value

Now, I would like to be able to change this value on all my strategies without having to take them back one by one.

So I want to use a script that does this. But not knowing the C language, I find myself stuck. Do you have a sample of code to change the selected strategies (or if not all the strategies)?

Thank you for you precious help.

Hello NOVICE_USER,

Thanks for writing in.

Strategies will run on the data series that they are applied to.

If you are referring to the Additional Data screen of the Strategy Builder, this could be used to add additional data series to a strategy. If you would like to change the additional series that is added to a strategy, you would need to navigate to the Additional Data screen of the Strategy Builder and change the additional data series to what you would like the strategy to use.

See this help guide for more information about the Additional Data screen of the Strategy Builder: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onalDataScreen

You may consider using Strategy Templates. NinjaScript strategy's parameters can be saved as a template for later use, and multiple templates can be saved for each strategy. Once saved in a template, the customized parameters can be loaded quickly whenever the specified template is applied to an instance of the strategy for which it was created.

See this help guide page for more information about Strategy Templates: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ategyTemplates

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In fact, I am looking for the script in C language to change a single value on all my series.

I attach the screenshots about what I want to do.

Thank you for your reply
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello NOVICE_USER,

Thanks for your note.

There are no supported means for changing the instrument that a strategy is running on for all strategies at once. You would need to modify the instrument that each strategy is applied to separately.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM