Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warnings

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	160
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1180119
    Can we PLEASE get rid of this?
    It doesnt caution me, I already know I'm messing with other parts of the strategy.
    It just gets in the way and makes me have to take a lot more extra steps. Thanks!

Also, when I go to remove the condition or action where that variable is being used so I can change it on my inputs/variables screen. It wont let me. Even after a compile. I have to completely exit in order to change my inputs/variables screen. Know what I mean? Its a bug!

Comment

I have to make a new variable and change it to the new one in order to unlock this warning message, in order to go back and change the original variable. Even exiting the whole program wont work!
      Last edited by ezrollin; 12-01-2021, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

Thanks for your post.

The Strategy builder was designed to provide the ability to construct strategies that would not self-generate errors (in the compile process). Changing an input or a user variable once the input or variable has been used in a condition or action will prevent you from being able to change the input variable. The pop-up message is advising what you need to do in order to change that input or variable. So the short answer is no and the reason is to prevent significant errors.

Yes, you do have to take extra steps but these steps are needed to prevent the strategy builder from generating an error. If the strategy builder generates an error then the strategy builder will be prevented from running until the error is corrected. So this creates a circular issue that is prevented by taking the steps needed to remove the use of the input or variable and then you can safely make the changes to the input or variable. We understand this is frustrating but it is far better than the alternative of having to use the Ninjascript editor to then delete the entire strategy in order to access the strategy builder.

You should be able to go through each condition or action where the input/variable is used and remove the entire condition or action (not just the input or variable).

Alternatively, you can create a new variable or input first, then go to the existing conditions or actions and replace the input or variable with the new one. This then allows you to not have to reenter in all of the conditions and actions where the old input/variable is used. You can then go back and simply remove the original input or variable. Here is a short video to demonstrate: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...NF8xODUwMDk1NA
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Jon17
        by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM