Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need Help in Strategy Builder using Fractals/ATR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help in Strategy Builder using Fractals/ATR

Hi All!

I'm no programmer and am getting started with the strategy builder. Hoping someone can help me with this thought. I'm trying to base trades in strategy builder on the BWFractal indicator when it creates plots, to take a long or short position (depending on upper/lower fractal), however, only when the ATR shows a volatility of a value that I can change such as 12 or 8 for instance. I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible although I'm learning this isn't as simple as I'd like it to be with all the variables that can be added.

Thanks!
    Nino

Hello ntbarone,

Thank you for your note.

If you are using the indicator BWFractal from the NT User apps section of the Ninjaatrader Ecosystem then yes it can be used in the Strategy Builder.

The indicator does not provide the "pivot" until the 3rd bar after the actual pivot. This is because the logic of the indicator requires that the point be higher than the previous 2 bars and higher than the next two bars.

You can create a condition that checks to see if the BWFractal upper 3 bars ago is greater than 0 which will only be true when 3 bars ago a point was plotted,

As for the ATR, you can compare that to a user input that you've set up if you want to change the value you're comparing it against.

I'm attaching a simple reversal Strategy Builder strategy that enters long when a red fractal is seen 3 bars ago, and short when a green is seen when the ATR is above a user specified level.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Attached Files
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post chbruno
    by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM