Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Testing MULTIPLE strategies at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing MULTIPLE strategies at once

I wonder, if it is possible to test multiple strategies at once, a.k.a. Kevin Davey's Strategy Factory approach in order to see, whether adding/removing certain strategy would help improve overall profit and lower max drawdown.

If this feature is not yet implemented, I ask to create a ticket for that and cast my vote in. Thanks. Also, if it's not implemented, can you suggest any alternatives to it? Manual workaround (export trades to excel from various strategies -> calculate everything by hand) is very tedious.

Hello UltraNIX,

Thank you for your post.

It would not currently be possible to test multiple strategies at once in the Strategy Analyzer as it does not have a full "account" associated with it. I've added a vote for you to a current feature request to have support for portfolio level backtesting so you could test multiple strategies at once. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-137.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello UltraNIX,

Thank you for your post.

It would not currently be possible to test multiple strategies at once in the Strategy Analyzer as it does not have a full "account" associated with it. I've added a vote for you to a current feature request to have support for portfolio level backtesting so you could test multiple strategies at once. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-137.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Hi Kate, please add my vote

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
      115 responses
      1 like
      Last Post kevinenergy  
      Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
      1 response
      0 likes