Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Limiting Order Entries Per Bar via Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting Order Entries Per Bar via Strategy Builder

Hey all,

I'm looking to try and limit the amount of orders per bar but am having some difficulties achieving this using the built in Strategy Builder. I have read some older posts on here that discuss different bool options using FirstTickOfBar and such, but to be completely honest I a) Don't know how to even unlock the coding to manually input what would be required, and b) would feel much more comfortable using the built in Strategy Builder IF at all possible.

So my question to you knowledgeable ladies and gents, or perhaps the support team, is what I am looking for possible using Strategy Builder, or anything similar, and if so how can I implement it?

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!

Justin

Hello The_Righteous_One,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

NinjaTrader_PaulH has a nice post about limiting orders when using Calculate.OnEachTick linked below.
    I'm having an issue with custom strategies I make using Strategy Builder. Anytime I calculate using "On Price Change" or "On Each Tick"... I notice some odd behavior and I don't know how to fix it. For Example: I made a simple SMA cross strategy- When the Median price crosses above or below the SMA line,

If you haven't already, be sure to go through all of the training material for learning NinjaScript.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey ChelseaB,

Thank you very much for the posts and references, that worked out perfectly for me

I do have a number of other questions regarding the strategy builder, should I post them here or should I make a separate thread for them if they are not directly related to this one?

Cheers,

Justin

Comment

Hello Justin,

If you have separate questions that aren't directly related to the original inquiry, we would ask that separate threads are made.

This helps keeps the forum organized for our staff and others that are browsing.

Thanks in advance!
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses