Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

custom Strategy Analyzer Instrument List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom Strategy Analyzer Instrument List

Good evening,

Is there a way to use a custom instrument list in the strategy analyzer? There are some us equities I would like to run a strategy on.

Thank you very much,

Ryan

Yes and that feature is called basket testing and it's incredibly powerful (see "Basket Testing Multiple instruments"):
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_analyzer.htm

Comment

RT001, thanks for the response, yes I saw that but what if some equites are not in that drop down menu? The menu only allows testing on the Nasdaq 100, Sp 500 and dow. I would like to test stocks that are not with in those groups. Thank you for your help

Comment

Ah yeah this. With (some connection data feed?) in ninjatrader, you might have to populate the stock symbols database yourself.

For those looking into populating the database with the ticker lists of the main US stock markets, you can find them freely in a spreadsheet format on eoddata dot com.

Complete instructions here:
        Hi, 1) How to set up so that all the NYSE stocks are got live data into NT 8? 2) How to set up so that all the NASDAQ stocks are got live data into NT 8? 3) How to set up so that all the AMEX stocks are got live data into NT 8? Many thanks, Thomson

Comment

I think we may be talking about 2 different things, I have populated my database with us stocks; however, I am looking to use the russell 2000 as my instrument list in the strategy analyzer. How can I load a list of stocks, like the russell 2000, into the strategy analyzer. I seem to only be able to run basket testing on these three stock lists, Nasdaq 100, Sp 500 and dow. Thanks and sorry if I am not explaining correctly.

Comment

Hello Tonkingrf1551,

In the Instrument selector find the instrument list, at the top of the instrument list select Select All.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea, thanks for the response. there is no for example, russell 2000, list though

Comment

Hello Tonkingrf1551,

There is not a pre-existing russell 2000 list but you can create an instrument list and put those instruments in it.

As an example, in the Strategy Analyzer click the Instruments selector drop-down arrow, then click NASDAQ 100, then click Select All.

Below is a link to the help guide on creating instrument lists and adding instruments.

Comment

Chelsea, thank you that is exactly what I wanted to do. I read through that link I didn't see anywhere that I could import a list. Do you know if that is possible, trying to avoid adding 2000 symbols individually. I know you can import a stock list to assign exchanges but can you import a for an instrument list? Thank you again for all your help.

Comment

Hello Tonkingrf1551,

Instruments can be added from the Import Stock Symbol List and an instrument list selected. If the instruments already exist in the database they won't be re-added, but will be added to the instrument list.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                      Hello Tonkingrf1551,

Instruments can be added from the Import Stock Symbol List and an instrument list selected. If the instruments already exist in the database they won't be re-added, but will be added to the instrument list.
                      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...stock_symb.htm
                      do you guys plan to have a russell 2000 list of instruments, similar to the sp500 you have? can you open a ticket about this, if none exists?

Comment

Hello andrei.reiand,

Thank you for your note.

We do not already have a list of Russell 2000 instruments. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development team. I will follow up with you once I have a tracking number for the request.

Thank you for your patience.
                        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello andrei.reiand,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5779. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
                          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DynamicTest  
                          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes