Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stop market error popup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop market error popup

Whenever I test a strategy on tick chart or lower time frame chart the following keeps popping up sometimes

It appears to be due to setting the stops so close and the price moved too fast.

Any advise on how to get rid of this popup?

Hello ark321,

Thank you for your reply.

There would not be a supported way to suppress error popups, even if you have your RealTimeErrorHandling set to IgnoreAllErrors and have programmed your own handling for errors/rejections into the strategy.

That being said, I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request for a setting to suppress error popups. This is being tracked under the number SFT-671.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ark321 View Post
      It appears to be due to setting the stops so close and the price moved too fast.

Any advise on how to get rid of this popup?
      There is only one way: don't set the stop so close.

Comment

Thanks. Stop is not set close.. As the strategy gets executed due to the volatility the price moves so fast and hits the stop

Comment

Hi Kate, any idea when this feature be addressed ? any timeline?

Comment

Hello ark321,

As I mentioned in my prior post, we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
            • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
            • Feasibility
            • Developer bandwidth
            • Current projects in the queue
            • Economics
            You'll find a note regarding the feature request in the release notes if a feature is implemented.

Comment

Thanks. The challenge that I see is multiple popups. If an error popup shows up - it loops and generates multiple popups and jamming the platform. Is there a work around at least to prevent multiple popups?

Comment

Hello ark321,

There would not be a way to suppress multiple popups. I have added another vote for you to an additional feature request to suppress additional popups if the same error message is seen. This is being tracked under the number SFT-1043.

Comment

Hello set2win,

I would advise against trying to change the order within a loop, as this will fire off multiple order changes in quick succession, which can lead to rejections for changing the order or for the price it's trying to change to being the same as the price it's already at. What is the use case here?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                    Hello set2win,

I would advise against trying to change the order within a loop, as this will fire off multiple order changes in quick succession, which can lead to rejections for changing the order or for the price it's trying to change to being the same as the price it's already at. What is the use case here?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
                    Hello Kate,

Since his post was deleted, I can't see the specifics.

1.Will quickly changing several different orders in a loop lead to rejection? Is batch change management of orders possible?

2.Even if loop is not used, the same price will be triggered quickly in the 1 tick chart, will it also be rejected? Because it is the same as the price it's already at.

Since his post was deleted, I can't see the specifics.

Thank you
                    Last edited by jetheil2; 03-01-2022, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Hello jetheil2,

The code in his loop would have called ChangeOrder with the same values several times in quick succession. When you do that, NinjaTrader sends multiple change requests, which can result in errors like the following: Native Error='Unable to cancel order' Native error='Cannot change order 'xxxxxxxxx' because current order values already match.'

This can result from two modifications attempted on the same order in a short period of time; only one modification can occur at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                        Hello jetheil2,

The code in his loop would have called ChangeOrder with the same values several times in quick succession. When you do that, NinjaTrader sends multiple change requests, which can result in errors like the following: Native Error='Unable to cancel order' Native error='Cannot change order 'xxxxxxxxx' because current order values already match.'

This can result from two modifications attempted on the same order in a short period of time; only one modification can occur at a time.

Thank you,

What I understand is that 1 trigger event (such as 1tick or 1min bar end, depending on strategy settings), can only change the price of one order once or multiple orders change the price of all orders within it once

Comment

Kate,

Is there any update on SFT-671 ? I would like to place an upvote on this feature, it can be crucial automated traders...

Comment

Hello boomm,

There is no update on the status of SFT-671 at this time, however, we are still accepting votes for user interest and I have added one on your behalf.

Comment

+1
                              It's very annoying. Sometimes I need to click the OK button hundreds of times to get rid of the message as it keeps adding.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Ashkam, 04-29-2024, 09:28 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ashkam
                              by Ashkam

Started by nightstalker, Yesterday, 02:05 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes