Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Write custom optimize on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, I'm not taking about the account status. I understand that part. I'm taking about the real drawdown is never calculated. It only takes buy and sell and adds up wins and losses. That is not drawdown. Drawdown is exposure while in the position as well. And, yes, I personally calculate this on my own for all my strategies but your customers, I'd imagine, do not. It's a pretty big deal.

Comment

Hi guys… searching forums and this topic is covering the exact item I am wanting… any finished code for this optimizer get measures unrealized PNL as a possible factor we can optimize against? Goal is to use multi objective and optimize on both profit factor as well as this new performance metric / optimization parameter… we run many multi day dollar cost average strategies and I agree with poster here that it’s not really max drawdown when looking only at trades that have closed out.

i am storing the maximum unrealized loss per strategy history as a plotted value im databox… so just wanting any example code where I can reference this (or multiply times * -1) to get the highest value and therefore optimize against it.

Thanks,

Chad
      chadnash
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Nash Technologies

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey