Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backtesting and realtime issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtesting and realtime issues

Hello everyone,
    I would like to know why my backtesting and my realtime are completely different. You can see on the double image below.
    ( Some trades are stop in realtime and good in backtest and some others don't appear in realtime compared to backtesst)

Also, why are the orders placed wrong on the chart ?

And on the same market, same timeframe, why the same indicators are completely different too ?

Do you have suggestions to optimise ninjatrader and/or my script to make it work better?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello Lau24,

Small differences in fill time, slippage, as well as small differences in when ticks are received and which bar they are included with can cause differences in the fill prices which aggregate in the total performance.

The main cause of this is a lack of intra-bar granularity coded into the script.

Below is a link to a forum post that details.
    Citizens of the NinjaTrader Community, A common question we hear from clients is 'why are results from backtest different from real-time or from market replay?'. Live orders are filled on an exchange with a trading partner on an agreed upon price based on market dynamics. Backtest orders are not using these market dynamics.

Charts that do not have a strategy applied will show all orders made to an account, both manual and from scripts. A chart that has a strategy applied will only show the orders made by that instance of the strategy.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
    0 responses