Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Run Strategy Analyzer from Excel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Strategy Analyzer from Excel?

Hello,
    I did dig around the forum a bit but much of it seemed to focus on exporting data to excel.

My request is slightly different:
    I'd like leverage excel as an interface to define the variables for my strategy (ex. lets say 13/50 crossover with some other variables), and then call the strategy analyzer from Excel using those variables, and then return the various results to excel in different cells.

We do this commonly at my old job, just passing the variables in via Excel and defining which field to bring back for each cell.

Ex. Imagine a strategy called "Strat" with variables EMA1 and EMA 2 and Timeframe and start and end date.
    You would then pass something via excel like " =StrategyAnalyzer ("Strat", EMA1, EMA2, TimeFrame (10min), Start Date, End Date))

thanks

Hello farawayz,

The platform only has very basic excel export support, nothing to interface with excel. You can see the following forum post for some user direction on using excel with NinjaTrader. Excel has a dll interface that can be referenced in NinjaScript however that is outside what our support can really help with, that would be something you can reference and learn about to utilize the dlls functions.

This is a NinjaTrader 8 conversion of the BigMikeExcel tool created as an example to demonstrate NinjaTrader – Microsoft Excel interoperability that is found in the forums here. This script uses code that is not supported by the NinjaTrader Platform Support team.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse will dive into it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist  
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM