Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ignore session close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore session close

I have changed IsExitOnSessionCloseStrategy = false; from true to false and it continues to close at the session end. Is there something else that I need t do?
    ExitOnSessionCloseSeconds = 30;

Hello galsermil,

Did you re apply the strategy after making that change? Any changes to State.SetDefaults would require re applying the script to see that change.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse,

I need to get clear on applying. If I make a change in <OnBarUpdate>, all that is required is Update Ninja Script but other changes require a script update. My question is what is an update? If I remove it from a strategy and reload it, obviously that is reloaded but if a strategy is disabled and a change is made followed by enabled, is that reloaded?

Comment

Hello galsermil,

Reloading NinjaScript by using F5 or disabling/re enabling a strategy just restarts the script using the existing settings that were defined when you applied it. If you change a default setting the scripts that are already running wont reflect that change even when doing a F5 or disabling/re enabling, its using the original defaults from when it was applied. You have to remove and re apply a script any time you change OnStateChange items so the script can reflect those changes.

F5 or disabling/re enabling will restart the script so you will see code changes to later parts of the script like OnBarUpdate. In general its best to just re apply a script any time you make a change and don't get the expected outcome.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks Jesse. I believe that I did not correctly reapply the script and that is why I got the wrong result.

Comment

Originally posted by galsermil View Post
            I have changed IsExitOnSessionCloseStrategy = false; from true to false and it continues to close at the session end. Is there something else that I need t do?
            ExitOnSessionCloseSeconds = 30;
            My issue has been solved. Many Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM