Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Long/Short Button click through Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long/Short Button click through Code

Hello,

First post here. Not sure if this is something I'm able to get help with but figured I'll try anyways.
    Using the Long/Short button found in the ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...bar-buttons-2/

Was able to modify to make a Scalp/Price action entry order button. Everything is done and seems to be working. But there is one thing with the button that I've been having trouble figuring out.

Right now the button, once clicked. Stays live until it is manually clicked again. I'm trying to figure out a way to automatically revert the button back to the "Non-Live" Position once my account is no longer flat/ in a trade(3rd Picture)

I don't have much experience coding. Been trying to teach myself these last few months. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TSLA BeforeTrade.png
Views:	413
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1207432​​​​​​

Name:	TSLA LIVE.png
Views:	374
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1207433

Name:	TSLA inTrade.png
Views:	375
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1207434

Attached Files

Hello TradeSimple(Dre),

Thanks for your post.

You will want to change the Content property of the button to change the displayed text. You will need to use a dispatcher here, because the buttons will reside on the UI thread and your trigger will need to come from another NinjaScript event on a different thread.

I would recommend using OnExecutionUpdate, and checking when Position.MarketPosition becomes MarketPosition.Flat to set the test to something that reflects that you are flat.

Below is an example:

Code:
    protected override void OnExecutionUpdate(Execution execution, string executionId, double price, int quantity, MarketPosition marketPosition, string orderId, DateTime time)
    {
        if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)
        {
            ChartControl.Dispatcher.InvokeAsync(new Action(() => {
                longButton.Content = "Test - Flat";
            }));
        }
    }
    We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for the reply, your help is greatly appreciated!

I was able to successfully change the name of the button and turn off the "Live" part of it using the example above.
      However, now I'm trying to work out how to make the button useable again once the position is Flat.

What I'm trying to do is:

1. User Pushes button - Button changes to "Live" until conditions to enter are met or button is pushed again.
      2. Conditions are met, Enters Long - Button becomes disabled ("Test - Flat")
      3. Once Position is Flat - Return button back so user can push it again. ("Long" position)

I got the first 2 steps down. Just been having trouble figuring out how to make the last step happen. I switched it back so it says "LONG" but the button stops working once the initial position exits.

Not sure if I'm on the right track here but this is what I got so far. Any suggestions on how to get the button to work again would be amazing.

Thank you again for your help!

Code:
      protected override void OnExecutionUpdate(Execution execution, string executionId, double price, int quantity, MarketPosition marketPosition, string orderId, DateTime time)
      {
      if (Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Flat)
      {
      longButton.Content = "Test - Flat";
      longButtonClicked = false;
      }));
      }

{
      longButton.Content = "LONG";
      }));
      }
      }

Comment

Hello TradeSimple(Dre)

Checking when Position.MarketPosition becomes MarketPosition.Flat in OnExecutionUpdate will be the first place you can check when the strategy sees it is in a flat position.

Prints can be used to verify that you code has reached these sections and can also be used to check various conditions in your code.

For example, a print could tell you that the code has reached X point where some actions take place, and if that print is not seen, check the conditions used to control that action - What are the variable values and what do they need to be in order for those conditions to become true and have the action take place?

Debugging tips — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...script_cod.htm
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Jim,

Just wanted to thank you for your help with this. This helped tremendously and led me in the right direction!

In case anyone finds themselves googling this specific question. What I ended up doing is using the OnExecutionUpdate above and using the dispatcher to bring back the same buttons.
          Not sure if this is the proper method to do this, but ended up working exactly how I needed it to.

This is the code I used to solve the issue I was having.

Code:
          {
          if (Position.MarketPosition != MarketPosition.Flat)

{

ChartControl.Dispatcher.InvokeAsync(new Action(() =>
          {
          longButton.Content = "Disabled L";
          longButtonClicked = false;

shortButton.Content = "Disabled S";
          shortButtonClicked = false;

}));

}

{

Dispatcher.InvokeAsync((() =>
          {
          myGrid = new System.Windows.Controls.Grid
          {
          Name = "MyCustomGrid", HorizontalAlignment = HorizontalAlignment.Right, VerticalAlignment = VerticalAlignment.Top
          };

System.Windows.Controls.ColumnDefinition column1 = new System.Windows.Controls.ColumnDefinition();
          System.Windows.Controls.ColumnDefinition column2 = new System.Windows.Controls.ColumnDefinition();

myGrid.ColumnDefinitions.Add(column1);
          myGrid.ColumnDefinitions.Add(column2);

longButton = new System.Windows.Controls.Button
          {
          Name = "LongButton", Content = "LONG", Foreground = Brushes.White, Background = Brushes.Green
          };

shortButton = new System.Windows.Controls.Button
          {
          Name = "ShortButton", Content = "SHORT", Foreground = Brushes.Black, Background = Brushes.Red
          };

longButton.Click += OnButtonClick;
          shortButton.Click += OnButtonClick;

System.Windows.Controls.Grid.SetColumn(longButton, 0);
          System.Windows.Controls.Grid.SetColumn(shortButton , 1);

myGrid.Children.Add(longButton);
          myGrid.Children.Add(shortButton);

UserControlCollection.Add(myGrid);
          }));

}

else if (State == State.Terminated)
          {
          Dispatcher.InvokeAsync((() =>
          {
          if (myGrid != null)
          {
          if (longButton != null)
          {
          myGrid.Children.Remove(longButton);
          longButton.Click -= OnButtonClick;
          longButton = null;
          }
          if (shortButton != null)
          {
          myGrid.Children.Remove(shortButton);
          shortButton.Click -= OnButtonClick;
          shortButton = null;
          }
          }
          }));
          }
          }
          If anyone is interested in the full source code for this order Entry button/trade management system. You can now download it from the ecosystem:
          These order entry buttons are how I enter trades quickly and ensure correct share size/contract size. Made this using NinjaTrader_ZacharyG Button template found here. Enter trade options: -At the break of the High or Low of the previous candle, -At the break of the Close of the previous candle, -Submit Market Order. Uses the last […]

Comment

Hi TradeSimple(Dre),

I also want to provide a better example that is available on the forums.

I need some guidance. I need to create a script that has 3 plots that are public and they plot either a 1 or 0. But I need to create another indicator that has 3 chart buttons that sets these variables. The first indicator needs to get those values from the second indicator depending on the button clicks. Because of using
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is how I find the chart trader buttons in my addon:

Code:
              Button buyMktButton = parentWindow.FindFirst("ChartTraderControlQuickBuyMarketButton") as Button;
              Button sellMktButton = parentWindow.FindFirst("ChartTraderControlQuickSellMarketButton") as Button;​
              Then I use WPF automation Ids to invoke them like this:
              Code:
              using System.Windows.Automation;
              using System.Windows.Automation.Peers;
              using System.Windows.Automation.Provider;​

ButtonAutomationPeer buyMktButtonPeer = new ButtonAutomationPeer(buyMktButton);
              IInvokeProvider buyMktButtonInvokeP = buyMktButtonPeer.GetPattern(PatternInterface.Invoke) as IInvokeProvider;
              buyMktButtonInvokeP.Invoke();​

See here for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/a/728444/2877168

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post yertle
              by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes