Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy controlled ATM not showing entry/exit plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy controlled ATM not showing entry/exit plots

Hello everyone!

I have a semi-auto trade controller that I built from the chart trader button example. It enters on the close of a candle in the direction which I choose, It then sends the order in through the ATM.
    I have the chart set to plot text and marker, However when I take trades with the "Controller" it will not show up on the chart.

Any thoughts?

Its a bit of a hack and slash, so apologies in advance

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Hello BeachTrader111807,

Thanks for your post.

I have attempted to test your strategy on my end, however, I am unable to get it to place any trades.

Please send me the exact steps and settings you are using to reproduce the behavior you are reporting so that I may investigate further.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_BrandonH

I forgot to mention you need to create a ATM template called "Controller ATM" with out the template It wont place trades, However it should have given an error in the log.
      I hope this helps!

Cheers

Comment

Addendum,

I trade the ES with a 8 Range chart. if EOB buttons (End of Bar) are clicked it will enter short or long(with a limit order) on the close of the direction you choose. Momentum buttons will enter on the second candle close.

Best of luck!

BeachTrader

Comment

Hello BeachTrader11807,

Thanks for your notes.

I have tested the strategy, got it to place orders, and saw that there are no plot execution markers placed on the chart.

When using a NinjaScript strategy that triggers an ATM Strategy template using Atm Strategy Methods, plot execution markers will not appear on the chart.

This could also be seen when testing the SampleAtmStrategy strategy that comes default with NinjaTrader.

We are currently tracking interest to have plot executions for NS strategies triggering ATM's and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-1940.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Thanks for looking into it, I hope it gets added.

Cheers!

Comment

Bump this as it is definitely needed! Looked everywhere to see how to enable past executions on chart for ATM strats called from scripts.

Comment

Hello lawlertrades,

Thanks for your note.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

Please let me know if you have further questions about it.

Comment

My vote YES also, One work-around is to have a separate chart on same instrument w/o a strategy, and plots on, and they will plot there, Note: When the strategy is removed, the plots appear.

Comment

Hello kenz987,

Your vote has been added to this feature request.

Thanks for your vote.

Comment

kenz987
                      My vote YES also, One work-around is to have a separate chart on same instrument w/o a strategy, and plots on, and they will plot there, Note: When the strategy is removed, the plots appear.
                      This is exactly how I work around this problem. I have a "blank chart" template with the same time frame which I open after the trading session. I review my trading from this chart - for the time being

Happy Trading!

Comment

All my trading I do via ATM strategy and I think this the most hated thing in NT8 for me. Disabling strategy in control center doesn't bring markers on chart. I have to remove it completely. Like what the point of hiding these markers? It contradicts selected combobox value in data settings. It's just stupid.

Comment

Leeroy_Jenkins
                          All my trading I do via ATM strategy and I think this the most hated thing in NT8 for me. Disabling strategy in control center doesn't bring markers on chart. I have to remove it completely. Like what the point of hiding these markers? It contradicts selected combobox value in data settings. It's just stupid.
                          Hey Leeroy, I completely understand. I execute all my trades from a strategy controlled ATM also. I have discovered that if you have a second chart open with the same indicators but without the strategy, it will plot the executions. I never have to disable my strategy to see the executions doing this.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Comment

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins,

Thanks for your note.

This is how NinjaScript strategies using ATM Strategy templates function.

We are tracking interest in an internal feature request ticket to show order markers on chart when NinjaScript strategy using ATM Strategy template is enabled on the chart and I have added your vote.This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5822.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

In the meantime, you could try using BeachTrader11807's workaround.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​

Comment

Thanks Beach for the reference. I gave up on ATM enabled strategies, they are just too clunky. If you can program that then you can program the "better supported" EnterLong etc style that also has OnOrderUpdate and all that. The ATM "cr### looks like a kludge together afterthought assigned to a junior programmer.
                              Last edited by kenz987; 03-30-2023, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton