Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy not working

I recently (using the strategy builder) built a strategy. This was my first attempt. I watched lots of videos from your site and youtube. It backtested and the results were very encouraging. I even ran the optimizer and used the values it chose. However, when I first tired to deploy it seemed to work for a minute. My atm strategy was also running and I don't know if that messed with it. I have wait until flat. Since then nothing happens. I haven't researched employing strategies that much so I don't know what I've missed or left out.

Hi Zinger, thanks for posting. There should not be any manual trades or ATM strategies happening on the same account and instrument that the strategy is running on, this can cause the strategy to go out of sync with the account position. First, check the Strategies tab of the Control Center to see what color the strategy is. If it's a yellow color, this means the strategy is still waiting for the exit signal to close a historical position. You can test out the strategy on the Playback connection and speed through an entire day or multiple days' worth of data quickly to see if it ever closes the trade. If it never closes the historical position, I will need to see more details about the strategy you are using.

You can also set the "Start Behavior" to Immediately Submit, Synchronize account to submit a market order to get the account in sync and start trading immediately.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There is an enable tab at the end under the strategy tab. When I clicked it the strategy turned green so I'm hoping that is it. Thank you for your quick response.

Comment

Ok, I tried the playback feature and still nothing. However, if I right click on the chart and select strategy performance it gives me the performance from 9/15/22 to today's close. Sorry to be a problem but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to be so much trouble, but now it states I'm short 3 but as best I can tell I'm not. This was after disconnecting from playback data.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Zinger, thanks for the follow up. There is a difference between the Strategy Position (Position) and the Account Position (Acct Position). Please make sure you fully read both of these help guide articles, they are very important for understanding what happens when you run a strategy on an account:

First, the start behaviors:

This article explains the Strategy Position vs Account Position

Kind regards,
            -ChrisL
            Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes