Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unmanaged Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmanaged Orders

When I try to have both a long and short submit order open NT cancels my orders when I try to open an opposite order.

I submit my long using this code below.

Code:
    SubmitOrderUnmanaged(0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Market, 1, Close[0],0, oco, "Long limit entry");
    Is it possible to have both buys and sells open with unmanaged orders? If so how can we do this in code?

Hello r3n3v,

Below is a link to an example of bracket entry OCO orders using the unmanaged approach.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...579#post770579

And a link to submitting OCO stop and target exits with the unmanaged approach.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...269#post802269

My guess is you are trying to re-use OCO strings that were previously used on filled, cancelled, or rejected orders.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No I'm using different oco strings and it still closes both orders.

Code:
      oco = GetAtmStrategyUniqueId() + "entry";
      oco2 = 2+GetAtmStrategyUniqueId() + "entry";​

SubmitOrderUnmanaged(0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Market, 1, Close[0],0, oco, "Long limit entry");

SubmitOrderUnmanaged(0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.StopMarket, 1,0,Close[0]-(40*TickSize),oco2, "Short limit entry");

​
      Last edited by r3n3v; 11-28-2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Hello r3n3v,

Why are you using an OCOId string with a market order?
        What orders are you trying to cancel when a market order, which fills immediately, fills?

Are you able to reproduce using the examples I provided you?

Comment

Yes I can reproduce the example you provided. However this doesn't accomplish what I'm trying to do. I simply want to buy and sell and keep both orders on when both are filled. If for example a long is filled and then I want to have a short filled at the same time on the same instrument I don't want to sell to close the long position. I would want to keep a short position open as well. I want both orders active at the same time. How can we do this with unmanaged orders?

Comment

Hello r3n3v,

You are reproducing that both entry orders are being cancelled and neither order is being filled?

Below is a link to a video of running this script.

If you follow the exact steps in this video, is the behavior different?

Where you have mentioned:
            I simply want to buy and sell and keep both orders on when both are filled.
            OCO is one-cancels-others. If one order fills, the other orders using the same OCOID are cancelled.
            If you want both orders to fill, then you should not be using OCO. If you want the buy order to go long, and the sell order to go back to flat, then don't use OCO so that One does not Cancel the Other.

Where you have mentioned:
            If for example a long is filled and then I want to have a short filled at the same time on the same instrument I don't want to sell to close the long position.
            This is not possible on the same account and same instrument. There is only one position per account and instrument. You cannot be both long and short at the same time.

Where you have mentioned"
            I want both orders active at the same time. How can we do this with unmanaged orders?
            In the managed approach, submit two orders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses