Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Limit orders in strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit orders in strategy builder

Hi.

How can I place buy limit orders above the price and sell limit orders below the price in the strategy builder? I'm a bit confused with the type of commands that are shown in "order management".​

Hello Carlos19,

To place an order at a certain price you would choose its value when you configure the order. The builder has an offset that can add or subtract a value from the price you select if you wanted to offset the price above or below a certain pricepoint.
    You can find an example of submitting a stop loss order in the following link, that would be the same process as a limit order. You would need to calculate a price and keep it active until filled.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was really wondering, what kind of order do I need to set up to be able to go long above the price and short below the price? Since with none of the four types of orders available in "order management" I manage to configure it. I am surely doing something wrong. But I have tried several ways and i can´t do it.

What is the order type I should select?

In which box within that order type should I enter the location of the price at which I want the order to be placed?

Comment

Hello Carlos19,

An easy way to keep track of which types of orders go on each side of the market is to use use the chart trader to visualize that. In a chart open the chart trader and then right click above or below the current price in the chart. It will show the different types of orders that would be permitted based on the placement in the active market.

To go long above the price or short below the price would require using a stop market order. A long entry is generally placed at or below the current market and a short would be the opposite. To use a limit order you would need to place long below the market and short above the market.

Comment

I understand that, and I know that going long above the market or going short below the market must be done with stop orders. But, when I configure a stop order with this intention in the strategy builder, then it is not executed when I put the strategy into operation. So, I would like you to tell me exactly what I have to configure in the strategy builder for that order to be executed. Maybe with an example or a picture you can see it clearly.

Comment

Hello Carlos19,

Orders that don't immediately fill need to be persisted, if the order doesn't fill within one bar it will expire. You can find an example of how manage an order that is not a market order in the breakeven sample: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rategy-builder

To be able to submit limit or stop market orders you would have to do a similar process to what that sample shows, it uses logic so that the last set remains true as long as the order is not filled. That allows it to continue to re submit the order to keep it active.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
            Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes