Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error Message On strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message On strategy builder

Hello,
    I am receiving this message (see attached) when I'm trying to use the input of one indicator on another indicator, I followed the instructions on the help guide, tried the example but it produced the same error message. I am trying to add an SMA to an Oscillator. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello donatopoveda,

Thanks for your post.

Which Oscillator indicator are you referencing in your strategy?

How exactly are you using the SMA indicator as an input series for the Oscillator indicator? If possible, please share an exported copy of your strategy.

To export the strategy, go to Control Center > Tools > Export > NinjaScript AddOn.

Please see the attached screenshots demonstrating how you could use the SMA indicator for the input series of an Oscillator, such as Price Oscillator.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Attached Files
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, I am trying to apply the SMA to Williams%R and as mentioned before the function is giving me an error, I tried different setups with different oscillators and even the ADX example on the help guide, but all of them are showing the same error when I press "input series" I don't have a strategy to share until I can't go passed this error screen. Thanks a Lot.

Comment

Hello donatopoveda,

Thanks for your note.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? This could be seen in the Control Center > Help > About window (ex: 8.0.X.X).

Could you share the .CS file of your strategy by opening a Windows File Explorer window, navigating to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies folder, and attaching the .CS file of the strategy you are using to your reply so I may investigate further.

Is this condition using the WilliamsR the only condition in your script?

Please remove the condition you are creating that uses the WilliamsR indicator and compile the script.

Are you able to successfully compile after removing the condition that set the SMA indicator as the input series of the WilliamsR indicator?

If you can successfully compile the script, please import the strategy I attached to this reply by goinig to Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn and view it in a New > Strategy Builder window. The attached script demonstrates how to use the SMA indicator as the input series of the WilliamsR indicator. If you run the strategy on a chart, it plots the WilliamsR indicator using the SMA as the input series on a chart and draws a dot above the High of a candle when the WilliamsR plot is greater than -50.

I look forward to assisting further.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much I've imported the strategy perfectly, but before, I had to deal w/ some corrupted files from the addons indicators, cleared everything and all is working fine. My intent with the WPR strategy is to add a crossover to the WPR so when it crosses over the smooth SMA I enter long of course there are other parameter as you can imagine, I have the chart indicators already working but I would love to automate the strategy. See img attached. I'm running NT8.0.27.1 Thank you so much. Oh forgot to mention the strategy you sent doesn't populate the crossover on the chart it only paint the dots on the candles and of course the WPR underneath in another window.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by donatopoveda; 01-31-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Hello donatopoveda,

Thanks for your note.

You could certainly compare if the WilliamsR indicator crosses above/below the SMA indicator using the WilliamsR indicator as the SMA's input series (SMA(WilliamsR)) as seen in the screenshot you shared.

See the example script attached demonstrating how this could be set up in the Strategy Builder.

When the script is enabled on the chart, a dot is drawn on the chart above the High of the candle when the WilliamsR indicator crosses above the SMA(WilliamsR) indicator. The plots in the example script will not appear on the chart but we print out the values of each indicator when the crossover occurs to compare them. Prints will appear in a New > NinjaScript Output window.

Note that programming the strategy to plot the WilliamsR indicator and the SMA(WilliamsR) indicator on the chart in the same panel would require unlocking the script from the Strategy Builder and manually programming logic into the strategy to specify what panel the plots appear on.

Please let me know if I may assist further.​
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello BrandonH

That clarifies everything, Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
              2 responses