Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 automated trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 automated trading

had a conversation with a friend today about robot trading. Never have thought of NT as a robot trading platform.

So several questions, I can't seem to find any videos on NT8 capabilites around automating trading. Can you tell me and point me in the direction of finding out the capabilities of using NT for automated trading. I am willing to learn ninjascripting if that is what it takes, but I would like to build some autotrade strategies that don't require me to input and manage, but I can program all of that.

Also, is it possible to load NT on a VPS so I can access it from anywhere in teh world for managing my strategies and developing new ones?

Thanks

Hello sesplin,

Thank you for your note.

NinjaTrader can be used to build and run automated strategies as well as backtest and optimize trading strategies. Yes, you are able to run NinjaTrader on a VPS.

Here is a link to a youtube video covering using the strategy builder to build a automated trading strategy,
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmBi...D7105&index=10

A link to the strategy wizard section of our helpguide,

Link to our helpguide covering the Strategy Analyzer which can be used for backtesting,

Video on Backtesting:

Video on Optimization:

Below are links to our forum which contain sample strategies and indicators.
    Indicators: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=4
    Strategies: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=5

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alan,
      Thanks for the info. So, you are saying I can use NT8 to fire off trades using VPS without human intervention, and that will run until I turn it off. Sorry, just want to be clear on my ask.

Thanks. Are there links in the help guide to Ninjascripting?

Comment

Hello Sesplin,

Yes, you can run NinjaTrader on a VPS to fire off trades automatically however it is never suggested to leave the program unattended.

If your broker did not have system downtown and your strategy was built to handle any errors, you theoretically it would run until you shut it off.

I have provided a link to the NinjaScript section of our Helpguide,

As well as a link to a video covering the NinjaScript Text Editor,
        Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8v_...56536A44DD7105

Comment

Originally posted by sesplin View Post
          Also, is it possible to load NT on a VPS so I can access it from anywhere in teh world for managing my strategies and developing new ones?
          Yes, but you could also do this at home.

For example - if you are on your phone you could use something like TeamViewer. I do not know their threshold - but if you were to use it all day they might require you to pay. I log in several times a day to check on things for a few minutes just to make sure everything is okay. Your phone provider might give you hefty fees or slow down your connection for eating up lots of data.

If you have a laptop with you - you could remote desktop in to your home computer with an internet connection.

SO you really don't need a VPS.

Comment

Hi,

I see quite a few Ninjascript videos on NT7, but very few on NT8 scripting. Having seen both it looks different enough that learning one may not fully translate over.

Any videos I can watch on coding in NT8?
            Thanks

Comment

Hello Sesplin,

Thank you for your note.

For the most part NinjaScript will differ very little from NT7 and NT8 and those videos in NT7 are still very applicable. There are however some changes in NinjaScript between NT7 and NT8 and they are outlined under Code Breaking Changes Section of our Helpguide.

There are no scripting videos for NT8 at this time but it is expected that we should have some videos available in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post zstheorist  
              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes