Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by th

I'm getting this error message in the output log:

"A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state."

Steps.
    Put the MACrossOverSampleStrategy on a chart. Enable it in the strategies tab.

There must be something corrupted in my system but it's happening on two different computers with my own strategies as well as the sample strategy.

some strategies work sometimes but I cna't figure out what's different.

If I put the strategy directly in the control Center ( instead of on a chart ) then it always works.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

This message is fairly specific for the reason this occurs, mainly this occurs only when a strategy uses a Indicator in which that indicator adds data. The strategy would also need to add the same series.

I am not seeing this with the included default SampleMACrossOver strategy, you noted that you see this with a strategy named "MACrossOverSampleStrategy ". In this script, do you currently reference another indicator and does that indicator add a second series? If so you would need to copy the AddDataSeries syntax from the indicator into the strategy as well.

If you are unsure of the changes needed, please provide the script for me to review and we could continue looking into the error.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using the SampleMACrossOver that comes with NT8.
      I just put that on a chart and try and start it. That's it.
      I can run TeamViewer if you want to see.

Comment

Hello,

I would not necessarily want to schedule a remote session at this point, but you could send me the file you are using for me to further review. The SampleMACrossOver does not add any additional series, so potentially you have replaced the default script with something else.

Please email me at platform support [at] ninjatrader.com and include a link to this post.

Additionally please attach the file: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies\@SampleMACrossOver.cs

An image of the platform where you have applied this strategy would also be helpful.

Comment

See attached. The checkbox next to the strategy in the Control Center remains unchecked after I try to check it. When I try to enable it the message in the output window is displayed. All visible in the screen shot.
          I also attached the SampleMACrossover strategy,
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the file.

To further assist you, please email me at platform support [at] ninjatrader.com and include a link to this post. Additionally please send in your log and trace files for me to review:

Open your NinjaTrader 8 folder under Documents.
            Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Im having the same trouble, even with the sample strategies included on Ninja ;
              They can be enabled from the chart but not from control center check box because we get the error
              A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state.

The log and trace files dont show any more info than that
              2016-12-15 12:40:14:274|3|4|A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state.
              2016-12-15 12:40:14:994|3|4|A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state.
              2016-12-15 12:40:16:037|3|4|A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state.
              2016-12-15 12:42:02:310|1|4|Enabling NinjaScript strategy 'SampleStrategyPlot/93006782' : On starting a real-time strategy - StartBehavior=WaitUntilFlat EntryHandling=All entries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=Per entry execution ErrorHandling=Stop strategy, cancel orders, close positions ExitOnSessionClose=True / triggering 30 seconds before close SetOrderQuantityBy=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=Keep running DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntriesOnStrategyDisable=True CancelExitsOnStrategyDisable=True Calculate=On bar close IsUnmanaged=False MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes
              ( last row corresponds to the Strategy being enabled from that chart, while first 3 rows when trying to enable from control center checkbox )
              pmaglio
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Indicator Store

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

We have actually been able to reproduce this as of this morning so a report to development has been made.

If I have further details on this item I will reply back here.

Comment

Have there been any updates on this since 2016?

I still have this issue when I try to roll contracts and load strategies on the new contract even though the appropriate data is being loaded in State.Configure. I found 3 threads with this issue from 2016/2017 but NT support doesn't seem to come back to them after asking folks for the log and trace files.

Can you please post what solutions you find after moving to email support so that others can benefit from these bug fixes?

Comment

Hello fiddich,

Based on your description this does not sound related to original posters issue, this thread is over 2 years old and is likely no longer relevant. If you are seeing an error after rolling over contracts, this is likely related to the code used in contrast to the other variables in that use case.

If this is a strategy you developed we can review the situation together, I would suggest making a new thread for that or emailing into platform support at ninjatrader.com. Otherwise if this is something you have imported I would suggest to contact the developer so that we can work with the developer directly.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Hi, Jesse!

I have the same problem listed in this post. I have two strategies that were working perfectly until last Friday.
                      One of them works with multiple instruments (AddDataSeries() in State.Configure).
                      The other uses only the instrument attached to the strategy and does not have the AddDataSeries() method.

As I said, both were working well until last Friday.
                      Any ideas for solving the problem?

Both strategies have the same error.

'T800' tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state. Attempted to load MES 06-20 Globex: 1 Minute
                      'T800MM' tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state. Attempted to load MES 06-20 Globex: 5 Minute

These two strategies are independent

Tks.
                      Last edited by brunoviveiros; 04-06-2020, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Hello brunoviveiros,

The error you are seeing is caused when a hosting script does not load the same data as its child indicators.

Without more specific details it would be difficult to say what the problem is other than you need to add additional data from the hosting script. I could suggest to try and re apply the scripts and if that does not help you could create a new forum post for that problem. We will likely need you to include a sample of the syntax you used along with the errors and we can continue from that post. As this is an old thread it would be best to leave this one be and create a new topic if this extends beyond this information.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Jesse,

I found that if the strategy is added by the chart, the reported problem does not occur and the strategy works perfectly.
                          When the strategy is added through the "Strategies" tab, the error appears.

Is there a specific reason that explains this situation?

Last week the code was working perfectly, even though it was added via the "Strategies" tab.

Tks.

Comment

Hello brunoviveiros,

From the given details no, I would suggest opening a new thread up for this issue. If you are not specifically seeing this with the SampleMACrossOver like the original question then we should move this to a new thread for your custom strategies.

It sounds like from your earlier post that you have a strategy that uses multiple series and one that does not, you could start by tracking down the problem in more detail to see where it starts. Does the same happen with any of the default strategies like SampleMACrossOver or one of the multi series scripts? Does the problem only happen with a certain instrument or timeframe you are using in your custom scripts? Do you have the required MES 06-20 data for all series being used?

You will likely need to test to see where the problem starts to better address the situation.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                            Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view