Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder Error Message

Hello,

I was trying to create a simple MacD cross over strategy and ran into some problems. Rather than try to get into lengthy message I made a video which can be downloaded here:

Thanks.

Hello Segwin, and thank you for your report. I have tried viewing your video through 4 different players and each gets 12 seconds into your video before halting. Would it be possible to re-record your video or provide a text explanation?
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
      Hello Segwin, and thank you for your report. I have tried viewing your video through 4 different players and each gets 12 seconds into your video before halting. Would it be possible to re-record your video or provide a text explanation?
      I made another video - try this one.

Try to download it. It's 2:30.
      Last edited by Segwin; 12-21-2016, 04:50 PM.

Comment

It does not appear that our video rendering software (VLC media player and WMV, in addition to the browsers Firefox and Chrome) are capable of rendering your software. Could you use the freely and publicly available software Jing ( https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html ) or another software of your choosing to record the video? We may also use a text description. Thank you both for your patience and efforts to improve NinjaTrader.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
          It does not appear that our video rendering software (VLC media player and WMV, in addition to the browsers Firefox and Chrome) are capable of rendering your software. Could you use the freely and publicly available software Jing ( https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html ) or another software of your choosing to record the video? We may also use a text description. Thank you both for your patience and efforts to improve NinjaTrader.
          That's odd - I'm using Techsmith SnagIt.

Go to strategy builder > conditions and actions > add indicator MacD > trying to make a simple cross over between the MacD line and the Avg line. Problem is there is no MacD line to select however there is something called Default (in NT7 it is called MacD). Trying to create a condition where you get a cross over between the MacD an AVG - cross above and cross below. Can't do this however because of the error messages when I select AVG and default.

Comment

It's stops for me also in Win10/Edge around 17 seconds, and picks back up at 1:50 when after you get the error.

Comment

Hello Segwin,

Thank you for your patience.

Can you post a screenshot (not a video) of the error message?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB