Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trail stop parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail stop parameters

Hello,
    I made simple automated strategy with the "Strategy builder" and it works just fine.

I have ATM strategy with Trail stop in the Stop Strategy and it also works fine.

Now i want to use Trail Stop in the automated strategy, but the parameters in the "Stops and targets" are not the same. There are only Mode, Simulated stop and Value.

Did no find anything in the manual for that, can you help me?

Hello icog111,

Thank you for your note.

A trailing stop as part of an ATM strategy is different than a trailing stop built into a strategy using the wizard. You are not given the ability to define frequency or the profit trigger when using the strategy wizard. When built in the wizard profit target defaults to 0 and frequency becomes every bar.

The way Trailing Stops work when building them in the strategy builder which uses the SetTrailStop method, is frequency becomes a bar close and profit trigger is 0 as in it starts right. See SetTrailStop section of our helpguide.

To demonstrate how this works, say your strategy bought at 100.00, you set your trailing stop to a value of 10 and have this strategy applied on a 30 second data series. After the first 30 seconds, a bar closes and if the price is 100.09, your stop will remain. If price equals 100.11, it will shift up to 100.01.

You must be aware that you cannot use both Trailing Stop and a Stop Loss in your strategy when using the wizard, if you do your stop loss will take precedent and your TSL will not engage.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With that limited functionality i dont think this is what i am looking for.

Do i understand correctly, that with the help of that function:

i can assign already created ATM strategy to a order, created by automated strategy? That will work for me.

Comment

Hello icog111,

It is not possible to call an ATM strategy from within the strategy wizard however you could do so within the NinjaScript editor.

I have provided a link below to our helpguide on using ATM in strategies,

You should also see SampleAtmStrategy preloaded on NT8 within the Strategies folder.

Please also see Using ATM Strategies section of our helpguide,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses