Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Request for nt8 strategy builder upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for nt8 strategy builder upgrade

PROBLEM: pasting a text string into the description field of the general window completely replaces the text string already present ... instead of merely adding it to the already present string.
    REQUESTED FIX: make it so that the new string is appended to the old string rather than replacing the old string.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JAN13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	906889

Hello joemiller,

I wanted to check, are you navigating away from the builder to copy text and then back into it? If so I do see upon returning the text is selected when doing that specifically. This would mean when you paste if you have not chosen a location for the text to be pasted it would replace the textbox completely.

Can you confirm is this the specific action you are referring to? Otherwise I am not able to see this occur, when I click in the box before pasting, the total text is not selected for me but instead the cursor is placed at the location I clicked. When I paste it pastes where I had placed the cursor.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes, i navigate away from the builder to copy text and then back into it. i then paste the copied text by clicking on a location for the text to be pasted ... but it does not just merely append the string, it replaces it? i just tried it several times. however, it's highly likely that i am doing something wrong.
      shall we connect via teamviewer to pursue this further?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

No we would not need to have a remote session for this type of item. Generally for most items you report we would only need the steps you followed to see the result you are, using these steps we can test on our end and then schedule a call if only your PC is showing the issue.

I believe this should be all the details I need to provide this to development. If I have any further information on this item I will reply back here.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

ok.

i thought you meant that it works correctly for you [i.e.] you said ''Otherwise I am not able to see this occur, when I click in the box before pasting, the total text is not selected for me but instead the cursor is placed at the location I clicked. When I paste it pastes where I had placed the cursor.''

if it works ok for you then i need some help to make it work for me.

hope all that came out in english ... i'm not sure even i understand what i said.

Comment

do i understand correctly that pasting a text string into the strategy builder description field of the general window works properly for you?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

You have already confirmed the steps by answering my prior questions, I have submitted this to development for further review. I just needed to confirm the steps you were using and had explained the process to see what you were in my reply.

Please let me know if i may be of further assistance.

Comment

thanks Jesse,

I'm still unclear about whether or not it worked for you.
                Did you, or did you not, say everything worked ok for you?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

I had previously said I was able to see what you were in post #2 but wanted to confirm the steps you had used. This item has already been reported to development, we would no longer need any further details on this post.

Please let me know if i may be of further assistance.

Comment

please just simply tell me, did the paste work for you or not?
                    please, just a yes or no

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
                      yes, i navigate away from the builder to copy text and then back into it. i then paste the copied text by clicking on a location for the text to be pasted ... but it does not just merely append the string, it replaces it? i just tried it several times. however, it's highly likely that i am doing something wrong.
                      shall we connect via teamviewer to pursue this further?
                      I could not re-create your issue. The text I copied from another window to paste into the description went where I had clicked with my mouse.

I entered the description field, went to another window to copy some next into the buffer, then used ALT+TAB to return to NT8 strategy builder window - the text in the description became all selected and blue highlighted. When I pasted the text in that state - it was replaced. But that is to be expected in that case - that is how windows works.

I did this from Control Center->New Strategy, in Windows 10.

Comment

thanks sledge.

yep, that's what i do. it's just the plain old vanilla copy/paste scenario that i have done thousands of times over the years. for example, i go to a word document, copy some text, go back to the strategy builder window, set the pointer at the end of the existing text and paste.

i have had windows 7 for years.

my understanding is that it worked for the platform support team so it should work for me. maybe i can eventually get someone from there to teamviewer remote logon to my computer to check me out for what i must be doing wrong.

Comment

thanks sledge.

yep, that's what i do. it's just the plain old vanilla copy/paste scenario that i have done thousands of times over the years. for example, i go to a word document, copy some text, go back to the strategy builder window, set the pointer at the end of the existing text and paste.

i have had windows 7 for years.
                          I think I see what is going on. I used "CNTRL+C" to copy my text, and then "CNTRL+V" to paste. That is probably what support did.

I played around with it some more - and I think I see where your complaint is coming from.

You are left clicking at the end of the text, which is fine to put the focus there.

The next step - I believe you are using the mouse and "RIGHT CLICK" and then selecting "PASTE". This does ERASE the text and paste's only the buffer. I would agree, this is rather some incorrect behavior by NT8.

Please confirm you are using the mouse to paste via right click.

If you are using "CNTRL+V" - then there is probably something with your windows setup.

Comment

YOU NAILED IT SLEDGE!!!!
                            everything you said is exactly 100% correct. Cntl+V worked. nice job. you have helped me multiple times before. many thanks again.

take it from there, platform support team [i.e.] incorrect behavior by NT8 needs to be fixed per the Cntl+V details just explained by sledge.

Comment

YOU NAILED IT SLEDGE!!!!
                              everything you said is exactly 100% correct. Cntl+V worked. nice job. you have helped me multiple times before. many thanks again.

take it from there, platform support team [i.e.] incorrect behavior by NT8 needs to be fixed per the Cntl+V details just explained by sledge.
                              note: i did not have to use Cntl+C [i.e.] i used just plain hilite and copy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post frankthearm  
                              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NRITV