Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions

Hello,
    It appears that after setting up commissions, they are not being applied while backtesting or optimizing...
    Thanks

Hello aaadetos,

Thank you for your note.

To have commissions displayed in backtests in NT8 please follow the steps below.

Go to Control Center>Tools>Commissions. Define the Commission per instrument. (See screen shot).

Click Apply and Ok.

Next click the Accounts Tab of the control center, right click your account>Edit. Next to commission set the template drop down to whichever commission template you defined the instrument commission in (See top of screen shot in Blue).

Now within the strategy Analyzer check “Include Commission” setting on the Strategy Analyzer.

Now when you run the backtest on the instrument you defined the commission for, you should see commission.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, I don't see any blue in the top of the screen shot.
      1. How do I define which simulation account to use in the backtest or optimization so that it can apply the commissions?
      2. Can I just set a flat commission by instrument TYPE rather than by instrument, or will this not work?
      Thanks again.

Comment

Hello aaadetos,

I apologize my screen shot didn't include anything in blue. The circle with the red star above it in the new screen shot points out the name of the template you will use to apply to your account by clicking on the accounts tab, selecting your account, right clicking>Edit, then applying that template.

I have produced a video demonstrating how to do this.
        Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

The SIM101 account under accounts will be the default account that the strategy analyzer will run tests on, thus the commission template applied to that account will be the one used.

You will be able to set a flat commission by instrument type in the next release of NinjaTrader 8, there is an issue with the current version preventing this. In the new release, you’ll will be able to edit the “commission per instrument type” just above the commission per instrument box. (See Screen shot with “Should be resolved in NT8…).

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Attached Files
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Alan, It's working now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post r68cervera