Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Default Simulation Account Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Simulation Account Setup

Hello,
    I tried setting the initial account size to a value other than 100,000 in the Sim101 account. However, I'm not certain that this other value is being applied upon running the simulation. It appears still be using the 100,000 default value. How do I verify that it is using a different value? I pulled up a monthly Cumulative Net Profit and in the graph, the very smallest value is showing an amount greater than 100,000 which it shouldn't for the very first month (strategy is not magical of course).

How do I check this? how do I explicitly set this? Is it possible to have an Account Size field in a future version of NinjaTrader?
    Thanks.

Hello aaadetos,

Thanks for writing in to our Support Forum!

Can you confirm a few things on this matter for me?

Are you pressing reset after changing the initial cash size when editing the Sim 101 account?

Are you witnessing this behavior with the latest version of NinjaTrader 8? (The current release as of this post is 8.0.4.)

I look forward to your reply.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,
      I did this with version 8.03 and have also downloaded version 8.04.
      I'm still seeing the same result.
      Is there a way I can verify that the account size is set to another value.
      Thanks

Comment

aaadetos, thank you for posting back.

I was able to reset the simulation account to a different value on my end without seeing any discrepancies.

I would like to verify an item because it's unclear to me. When you reset the account by right-clicking on the simulation account in the Account tab of the Control Center and selecting Edit Account, after entering a value for Initial cash, are you clicking reset at the bottom right corner?

If so, what value are you entering? Could you please attach a screenshot of the Account tab?
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Riley,
          Please see the attachments. As you can see from the trade report, the analyzer should have stopped computing before trade 7, due to the cumulative net loss on the first 7 trades, but definitely by trade 7 when a $599.46 loss is recorded...Technically, since $500 is usually the initial margin for day-trading the ES, the strategy should have stopped by trade 2, but it doesn't (cos I don't know where to define initial margin...)

Anyhoo, Account Size doesn't appear to be working. Kindly test it for yourself to see if this is an actual bug or I'm setting things up wrong.

Thanks for your time.
          P.S: I restarted NinjaTrader and ran it again with the same result.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another iteration showing that the very first trade should have stopped the Analyzer...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello aaadetos,

Thank you for clarifying that you are backtesting a script.

The settings of the Sim101 are for real-time trades only and these do not apply to backtesting.

There is no by account size setting in the Strategy Analyzer. You will need to calculate the number of contracts yourself.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes