Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Step Stop and TP on Regression Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step Stop and TP on Regression Channel

How to set stop loss and take profit on upper/lower regression channel using strategy builder.

Hello and thank you for your question. This video will demonstrate how to place these orders. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did exactly what the video said and it would not compile. If I remove the take profit and stop loss, compiles fine.

Comment

Also is their a video or good information on using rising and falling in strategy builder? The only thing I found was for NT7.

Comment

Let's see if we can get your copy compiling. Could you attach the script you generated when you tried to compile? This script should be located under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies.

Rising and Falling have been renamed to IsRising and IsFalling. If you can provide the link to the NT7 resource you found, I can try to locate a similar resource for NT8.

Comment

Attached is the file

Rising Falling:
            This is what I found for NT7 & NT8. I have upgraded to 8. I'm trying to find a video or instructions on how to set this up using strategy builder.

Attached Files

Comment

With regard to your code not compiling, there was a code breaking change between 8.0.3.0 and 8.0.4.0 . Please re-write this strategy in 8.0.4.0 or use the attached strategy file.

I have prepared a video where I demonstrate using rising and falling in the strategy wizard.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm no programmer and that's why I like the Strategy Builder. Idk what code break means. I did view the code from the strategy you attached and I did not see regression channel in there. When I try to add the regression channel using strategy builder, it won't compile ... see the attached pic. Same thing with rising/falling. I watched the video you attached. I shows how to get to these functions, but does not give an example of how to setup one.

Again, I'm no programmer, but my guess is that the code established by the strategy builder does not distinguish between the regression channel indicator and drawing a regression channel. Just a guess.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by pplowman; 02-04-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

NinjaTrader compiles every NinjaScript file together, so it is possible the file you are editing is not the cause. To get us some more information as to why this is occurring please follow these instructions.

• NT8 Control Center -> New -> NinjaScript Editor
                  • Press F5 on your keyboard
                  • Follow the instructions in the attached image to turn the output into a MS Excel file

Once you have retrieved the requested file, please attach it to a reply so we may investigate further.
                  Attached Files

Comment

If you would like, we can schedule a remote support call with you. We would need a few things from you before our call. If you would like a support call, please e-mail the following information to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
                    • Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1654986 in the subject line
                    • A phone number where you can be reached
                    • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone) our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.
                    • Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.

I look forward to assisting further in any way I can.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post kujista
                    by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                    0 responses