Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder

I created a strategy using the builder. I told it do set a stop but when I checked the code, it's not there.
    Attached Files

NJ Trader updated and now I'm getting a ninjascript compilation error trying to open the strategy builder.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello GibbsB613,

Thanks for writing in to our support forums.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling a system indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy with errors or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 8:
      • Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
      • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
      • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
      • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Depending on the errors you are receiving, you may wish to reach out to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may assist you through a support call. While we will not debug your strategy for you, we will be able to help remove any old references or assemblies that could be preventing the compiler from finishing cleanly.

If you wish to schedule a support call, please include the ticket number 1669737 and the text "Attention Jim" in the body of your email. Our regular support hours are 8:30am - 6:00pm EST Monday through Friday.

I look forward to assisting you further.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My initial question was not answered:

I created a strategy using the builder. I told it to set a stop but when I checked the code, it's not there.

Comment

Here is the screenshot from the other error I'm getting from Strategy Builder.
          Attached Files

Comment

I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it seems to work now.

Comment

Hello GibbsB613,

Thanks for writing back.

It sounds like you have resolved your inquiry.

If you would like me to address something that we may have missed, please let me know.
              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
              10 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes