Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Currency Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency Properties

While in a strategy how do I determine if the currency pair has 2 or 4 digits to the right of the decimal? When changing a stop is there SetStopLoss() function for unmanaged orders? Or do I have to calculate the stop value myself?

Hello GibbsB613,

Thank you for the post.

You could likely use the TickSize property to get the double value for a TickSize such as 0.25. You could then use logic to count the characters after the period character, you could also use a number of approaches at this. I would suggest doing a search for "C# count decimal places in double" One result I located was the following:
    Method below should return a answer to "What decimal precision, quantity of trailing numbers, do this (double) value have?". I got it right when the values looks like 5900.43, 5900.043 and so on. W...

There are no Set methods for the Unmanaged approach, you would need to calculate the prices you would like to use instead. You can call ChangeOrder to update an existing orders prices with newly calculated prices.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. Can I open a trade manually and have a NT 8 strategy manage it?

I'm still a little fuzzy on the unmanaged and managed approach.

I'm coming over FXCM where I had a pretty complex strategy that I wrote. Does NinjaTrader offer any paid training that I can attend for Ninjascript?

Thanks for all the help!!

Comment

Hello GibbsB613,

Not necessarily, using the managed or even unmanaged approaches are generally used for isolated strategies. This would entail that the strategy both enters and exits on its own. While some users do utilize these entry methods to manage existing account positions, I would suggest to instead use the addon account methods.

The addon account methods allow you to both subscribe to account events like execution updates and position updates, you can also review manually placed orders or submit orders to the account. This logic can be used in a strategy, indicator or other places like an Addon. Please see the addon documentation for further examples:

This type of logic would generally be reserved for advanced scenarios where logic needs to take over for a manual order as an example.

Regarding training, our support can offer assistance with questions you may have but we do not have a dedicated team for paid education. I am unsure if there are any third parties that may offer these services but you could look further into this as well.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes