Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Setting AlwaysOnTop property through NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting AlwaysOnTop property through NinjaScript

Hi,

I am looking to bring a chart window to the top whenever a specific condition is met by setting the AlwaysOnTop property of the ChartControlProperties object.

I am not a Object Oriented language expert - how would I go about it if the command needs to be inserted in a piece of code encapsulated by

protected override void OnStateChange()

?

I am aware that the online help mentions

Warning: These are UI properties which are designed to be set by a user. Attempting to modify these values through a custom script is NOT guaranteed to take effect.
    so I don't know if it's at all feasible.

Thanks

Hello ntuser2017, and thank you for your question. The functionality you are describing is not natively supported by NinjaScript. You would need to write a custom Add-On with some WPF code that will affect your Z order. All documentation linked to is publicly available. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
      Hello ntuser2017, and thank you for your question. The functionality you are describing is not natively supported by NinjaScript. You would need to write a custom Add-On with some WPF code that will affect your Z order. All documentation linked to is publicly available. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
      Hi Jessica

Ok thank you. Is this something you might consider adding to a future software release?

Comment

Typically items which can be resolved through NinjaScript are not treated as new NinjaTrader features. However, if a series of actions is complicated and sensitive to changes in NinjaTrader itself, we do frequently offer additional built-in support for these sorts of actions through NinjaScript. With this in mind, I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :
        This user would like support for modifying the z-order of any open window during events such as OnBarUpdate added to NinjaScript classes such as Indicators and SuperDOM Columns, referring to the affected Chart or SuperDOM, respectively
        I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Hello ntuser2017,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-116

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes