Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

One instrument different strategies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One instrument different strategies.

Hello.
    If I open few exactly same charts for one instrument and I start strategy one one of the chart. The strategy appears on all charts. How separate strategy to work only on one chart?

Hello Czarek and thank you for your question. You are correct trade executions will show up on every chart for the same instrument. To turn off trade executions for a chart, highlight the chart, press ctrl + f, and change its "Plot executions" setting to "Do not plot". Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      Turn off plot do not solve the problem. I want to run 2 different strategies on the same instrument in 2 charts windows and I would like to keep chart trader on as well.

Comment

So that I may have a more complete picture of what is happening on your end, would it be possible to use the freely and publicly available screen capture software Jing, https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html , or a similar program which can record video of what is happening on your screen, so that you can show me what is occurring on your end? These quick instructions can get you started with Jing.

1. When you start Jing, a yellow half circle will appear near the top of your screen. Please hover over it with your mouse
        2. A small + sign will extend out of this half circle. Please click on it
        3. When your cursor becomes two intersecting lines, please click and drag your mouse over an area of your screen you would like to record
        4. Please press the film strip button that appears to begin recording
        5. When you are finished recording, please press the square stop button that appears
        6. Please press the share button that appears. It consists of three vertical upward pointing arrows.

You will then have the option to view your video on screencast.com . This is the link which can help me diagnose what is happening on your end. It is possible you will need to set up a free account in order to share videos.

Thank you very much in advance for providing us with this information. If this procedure is not an option for you, or if there are any other questions we can answer, please let us know.

Comment

Your time is valuable to us. Charts will currently show historical trades placed on the instrument in question regardless where they came from. I recommend adding a check to your strategy to prevent it from placing historical trades. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Hello.
            How to prevent strategy to place historical order and/or refer to the historical data?

Comment

Code:
              [FONT=Courier New]protected override void OnBarUpate()
              {
                  if (State < State.Realtime)
                      return;

// the rest of your OnBarUpdate code goes here
              }[/FONT]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
              4 responses