Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BetterXTrend Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BetterXTrend Indicator

I have down loaded an indicator from Emini Watch called BetterXTrend for free. Looks like it works pretty well on the charts. Now I am trying to incorporate it in my strategy. I am not able to see the majority of the code because it is a third party software. Trying to check if the indicator is indicating an uptrend or down trend, Also when a trend switches. Any one has an example of how to use the indicator in a strategy ? Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

I’m unfamiliar with the indicator you mention or how you define uptrend or down trend, however if the indicator has a plot like the SMA, you could use something like the following as a condition for whether the current bars indicator value is smaller than the previous bars indicator value. Obviously replacing SMA(14) with the indicator name and any parameters it takes.

Code:
    if (IsFalling(SMA(14)) == true)
    {
    EnterLong();
    }
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I think it would take away from the indicator. Here is the link to the indicator if you have any time to look at it.

How to use explosion and exhaustion volume to determine the trend. Introducing the Better X Trend Indicator with free code.

Comment

Hello,

In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I am familiar with that. I was not asking to create , Modify or debug code. Was I? Just trying to figure out how an existing indicator works, right? Well thanks any way

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post sightcareclickhere  
          Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
          9 responses
          0 likes