Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Palce sell order on the Next bar after condition has been met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

Yes, that would be correct in respect to my previous post, but the setting would need to reflect your overall trading goal and concept. If your concept works with OnBarClose, then yes this would be correct.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• tommartin321
    replied
    Thanks Jesse. I'm using the Strategy Builder. Fist let me make sure I have the correct Default Properties set for Calculate.

For Calculate, I have it set to "On bar close". Is this correct?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello tommartin321,

This is certainly possible, can you tell me are you manually coding this or using the Builder?

In manual coding, you could use a boolean variable. When your condition is true, set the variable to true. On the next OnbarUpdate, another condition could check for that variable being true and submit the order.

If you are using the builder, the steps would be similar.
    In one set check if a boolean user variable is set to true and if so submit the order and set it back to false.
    In another set, check your original condition and set the boolean user variable to true.

The order of the sets is important, you want to check if the variable is true in one set before you actually set it in any of the other sets that follow. This would ensure that you wait for a bar after it gets set to check it again.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Palce sell order on the Next bar after condition has been met

Hello,

My strategy so far has the following logic listed below. The stop loss and profit target aren't important at this point.
    When RSI goes above 80 place a sell order.

It's working as expected, but the problem is I don't want it to place the order immediately when the condition has been met.

My observation has been the price will continue to rise during the following bar. So, I'd like the strategy to place the sell order on the next bar after the condition's been met.

Thanks for the help,
    Tom

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post xiinteractive  
Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
1 response
0 likes