Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to reference Kagi & UniRenko?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reference Kagi & UniRenko?

I was looking to create 2 strategies, one referencing Kagi swings & the other referencing UniRenko bars. These options don't appear in the strategy builder, so is there a way of achieving this?
    I am thinking it may only presently be doable by coding it in via the strategy editor?
    Why are the bar types limited in the strategy builder?

Cheers,
    Ken.

Hello KennyK, and thank you for your question. We can not guarantee the operation of third party indicators, however, if this operation is supported by your vendor, you will be able to use e.g. the BarsPeriodType.UniRenko when setting up your data series using AddDataSeries. This help guide page has more information.

The strategy wizard is designed to help ramp up non programmers so they can eventually take advantage of all the automated trading features Ninja offers. For non-programmers interested in having all the features of a strategy without coding, NinjaTrader 8 offers alerts.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello in trying to keep threads to minimum i have a continuation question here.

Has a feature request been raised in order for custom bar types to be selected and used in the strategy builder?

I am exploring this with some custom bar types for others to use and build strategies or is it limited to only those currently listed in the help pages?

So a user would need to add in logic and edit in the strategy/script editor as you indicated above?

thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :

This customer would like custom bar series, including Renko, Heiken-Ashi, and user created, to show up in the Additional Data page of the Strategy Builder
        I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes