Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adding Action Buttons to a Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Action Buttons to a Strategy

In NT7, there was a way to add buttons to a strategy that would reside on the chart and when pressed would have an action on the strategy for instance "Long Only" or short only to allow trades in only one direction, which can allow a user to manually, easily control the direction in which a trade would be entered. It also was helpful to suppress active trading during a report that might have a big affect on price for a time.
    Are you aware of anything like that available for NT8?
    Thanks
    DaveN

Hello daven,

I am not aware of a strategy that has this functionality built-in.

As NinjaScript uses C#, nearly anything is possible within the context of the language. We have some sample code that demonstrates how to create a chart toolbar and menu buttons. Depending on the implementation, you can have the buttons perform any event driven logic.

I will provide a link to the sample code below.

Hello All, Moving forward this will be maintained in the help guide reference samples and no longer maintained on the forum. Creating Chart WPF (UI) Modifications from an Indicator - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ui)-modifi.htm (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/creating-chart-wpf-(ui)-modifi.htm) I've

Please bear in mind that there is limited support we can provide for client WPF modifications. If you require help with programming the logic, another member of our forums might be able to provide you assistance. Alternately, you can write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the thread URL and the text "Attention Jim" and I could have a member of our Business Development Team pass over a list of NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to develop the code for you.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,
      I think this is what I am looking for. I'll play with it and see if I can figure it out and make it work.
      Dave

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bltdavid  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
      1 response
      0 likes